MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have tried all the techniques again and again and even left the battery disconnect but the passenger window will not reset. Mini Cooper D 2009.Also it won't drop when I open , however the inside light does come on so it knows I am opening. When I close the window it pops but down say 3 inches as if it's gone too high and thinks it's hit an finger trapped.

What I really want to know is would changing the window motor and or regulator make any difference or is this electrical related?

Thanks
Louis

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
will prob be the regulator and motor control within the motor so best way to deal with both things is buy a regulator and motor complete form a breakers,, its common for the passengers side cables to corrode and stretch and also for the motor to get damp and cause issues, think they share these parts with psa cars as well as part o the EU sharing parts, in the psa cars they fail a lot more as mini protect them better form the outside wet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will prob be the regulator and motor control within the motor so best way to deal with both things is buy a regulator and motor complete form a breakers,, its common for the passengers side cables to corrode and stretch and also for the motor to get damp and cause issues, think they share these parts with psa cars as well as part o the EU sharing parts, in the psa cars they fail a lot more as mini protect them better form the outside wet
I have replaced the motor with a second hand unit as that looked, and was, a five minute job but was exactly the same result.

Changing the regulator looks a lot more time consuming and I would probably opt for new.

Whats putting me off doing the regulator is when I open the door there's no attempt to lower the glass. I'm think there would be some movement even with a dodgy regulator?

Ta
Louis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
LouisDareWales
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing