MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests I have been at Santa Pod and I had a great day.

Was quite warm around 18 degrees C ambient.

Had quite a few runs and could do with improving my starts but I didn't want to be to brutal to the car as I drove it to and from Santa Pod (300miles round trip)

Best time was [email protected]102.7

I was very happy to break into the 13's:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

A few easy mods like swapping my heavy S-spoke wheels for TD1.2s could see a couple of tenths knocked off my time!! Just shows that my dyno results= fast car and now my 1/4 mile time =fast car

Just shows that dyno testing/tuning does work. Thanks goes to 1320 and RMW to supply the performance parts needed:biggrin:

"First owner built car breaks into the 13's" there is today's thought:)

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
As the title suggests I have been at Santa Pod and I had a great day.

Was quite warm around 18 degrees C ambient.

Had quite a few runs and could do with improving my starts but I didn't want to be to brutal to the car as I drove it to and from Santa Pod (300miles round trip)

Best time was [email protected]

I was very happy to break into the 13's:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

A few easy mods like swapping my heavy S-spoke wheels for TD1.2s could see a couple of tenths knocked off my time!! Just shows that my dyno results= fast car and now my 1/4 mile time =fast car

Just shows that dyno testing/tuning does work. Thanks goes to 1320 and RMW to supply the performance parts needed:biggrin:

"First owner built car breaks into the 13's" there is today's thought:)
congrats James:D

it shows that the parts do what they say. There is more in your car with a few slight modifications

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratumalations! Is it hard to get a proper launch?

I found it quite tricky sometimes as I am still running runflat tyres and I still have stock engine mounts/gearbox bushes and wishbone bushes.

But it is a lot of fun :biggrin:

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
congrats James:D

it shows that the parts do what they say. There is more in your car with a few slight modifications

We will have to work on them modifications soon then once I do a few easier mods like the superflex bush kit;):biggrin:

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should be running at the British Mini Showdown if I am back from being down on the South coast.

The 1/4 mile time will be even quicker there as the track apparently is down hill slightly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts