MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peake BMW in New Orleans, one of the original 70 MINI dealers-to-be there were announced in Summer 2001, indicated last week they have decided NOT to become a MINI dealer.

MINIUSA is working to obtain Peake's waiting list in hopes of providing it to a new MINI dealer to be named in the area "somewhere between Atlanta and Phoenix".

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MGB Boy said:
Crikey, I would be fourteen different flavors of furious if my dealer bagged out just three weeks before launch day...

-Ricardo
So right - lots of people left high and dry.

In hindsight, it becomes clearer - I left 6 messages with the MINI contact at Peake in February and never got a call back once. I finally spoke to a BMW salesperson there in mid-February who told me they still had not hired any MINI motoring advisors.

I'm bumming because Peake was the nearest MINI dealer to me (at 500 miles) and they were going to be my service dealer. Now my nearest MINI dealer is 630 miles away. :mad:

MINIUSA said they were working very hard to get another dealer set up quickly somewhere between Georgia and Arizona - Texas is smack in the middle of that vague geographic area. But still no news about when dealers will be set up in this state. :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Peake BMW has been a real bummer. At one time my name was number 1 on their list (march of 2001). This list awas being maintained by the manager of the BMW dealership. Then the salesman? who was appointed manager had apparently started his own list which had his own #1. They would not return phone calls. I now understand why he mentioned to me at the end of January that it wouldn't hurt to get my name on other dealers lists. Was that a hint at what was coming? I mean why get my name on several lists when I was already #1 at a dealer who was opening in June?

Needless to say, they have my deposit, but when they decided to not become a dealer, did they call me? NO. They have not been very businesslike. They said that they didn't have the time to return all of the phone calls because they were getting so many.

I am now scambling trying to figure out where I now can get on another list. Memphis is closer to me, but they don't open until June.

Signed:

One P.O.'d future mini owner. :mad:

P.S. It really doesn't help that I sold my second car last week. The person knew that I was going to be selling it to buy a new car real soon (ha ha) and it saved me the hassle of trying to sell it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
:confused:
I was at Peake just after christmas and they hadn't begun on a new showroom and the salesmen were very uninformed about any progress. I decided then to look for another dealer to buy from (as i live in Dallas)

GET THIS --- I spoke to a rep from the Atlanta deaalership on 3-27 and she said that MINI will anounce the location of an alternate dealer in Louisiana within a couple of months-I'm hoping for Shreveport.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts