MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tinted Supaglass fitted on Saturday, WOW. I got it fitted in Pentagon Dublin by Richard. The guy took 9 ½ hours over the installation (yes, 9 ½ solid hours I was there eyeballing it all the way). He treated my car better than I treat it myself. The quality and expertise let alone the patience that he showed was unbelievable. His approach to working on the car was astonishing, everything was relaxed with no rush and for the period he was working on it my car he treated like it was his own car.

Richard spent a bit of time going over my options and then showed a few videos of the film in action. I decided on tinted Supaglass this is a film that is applied to the windows of the car that resists attack for a few minutes allowing you time to get away, in the case of a attempted car jacking, or prevents an opportunist thief entry. Also it prevents shards of glass enter the cabin in the case of the glass shattering. The film makes the frame-less front windows firmer. The installation required the removal of the front windows(a bit hairy at first for me, Richard did not bat an eyelid). Then after the film has been applied, cured and inspected they are reinstalled. They now are aligned better than when it came out of the factory. Everything else about the installation was top notch. There is not a whole lot else to say about a clear film except it is good to know it is there.

I am in no way related to this company or to the installer, I am just a happy and satisfied customer who feels that credit should be given were credit is due. And by the way he is a MCS owner also(even more brownie points).

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
very interested to see the results :) ... something I'm thinking about doing in the future... but still unsure... especially about the finish around the edges.

From what I've heard though, Pentagon are very very good and do most of the dealer work in the belfast area.

·
Mini2 Regular
43 Posts
Irlmin said:
I specced ' darkened glass ' and need to get fronts done to match or slightly darker than std and still legal , I will talk to these guys Tomorrow .
Gerard
I had my tints done through ADS Window Films in Plymouth http://www.adswindowfilms.co.uk/index.html . I had medium tints on the rear 3 windows and light on drivers/passengers. Using the device that measures how much light goes through the glass (what the feds use - apparantly), it was demonstrated/explained that the front windows (without any tints) were only 0.5%-1.0% off being illegal anyway.

Legislation changed on 1st Jan 04 for tints on drivers/passenger windows, so might be worth checking this light transmission thing if the installer has one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As it stands in the Rep. of Ireland there is no law against tinting. Richard had one of the light measuring units(from what he said possibly the only one in the Rep. of Ireland). before the tint was applied it was 67% and after it was 37%. The tint he used was Smoke. Which is the darkest that he will apply to the front windows. It is great in that people can still seem in but it obscures details. I have never had tints before and from the inside they are hardly noticeable.
With regards to the Dot Matrix effect it hardly noticeable, he did mention that the Supaglass my raise up before the install however it is very good. He tried to reduce the bumps with a blade. I think he was surprised at the how well it turned out in the end.
He finished off the fronts with a file to blend in the film so that it won`t lift.
I have a really bad photo that is attached
If interested Pentagon Dublin(Richard) can be contacted on 01-6205788. He will fill you in on all the details. He also has some shots of Mini's with the Supaglass installed. As he is a Mini owner himself he has a genuine interest in the car and will look after it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.