MINI Cooper Forum banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi all,

New member here...

Just bought a Cooper Clubman for SWMBO in Pepper White with black roof/mirrors, Chili pack and 17" Pace spoke alloys, black bonnet stripes + a few other bits and pieces. Got a great deal from Scotthall Mini/BMW in Leeds and am due to collect at the end of next week - can't wait

I have one quick question that I'm looking for advice on:

On the Mini online configurator it states that as standard Chili spec cars have "basic bluetooth & USB connection"... what does this mean? Will I be able to connect my phone via Bluetooth or will I need to buy additional kit/cradles to make this work?

Cheers
Welcome to Mini2.

Depends on your car - is it brand new or a Cherished purchase? The Basic Bluetooth is only a very recent standard feature - my car was brand new in December and I had to specify Bluetooth on mine. If your car has it, then you should be able to sync your phone with the car and just have your phone in your pocket. The USB connection can be found just underneath the centre console and with the right connectors or leads allow you to hook up things like an ipod to your car.

·
Ex Hippie Type
6 Posts
Add me. Picked it up in Dallas last week, Drove it back to Austin getting almost 400 miles on the first tank of gas. Kewl!

Attachments

·
Stooey
87 Posts
Pepper White Clubman D

DSC00720.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

Had mine since March 2008. Pepper white, black roof & mirror caps, bonnet stripes, pepper pack, auto air con, 3 spoke leather wheel, chrome line int, dark rear glass, heated m+wj, bridge spoke alloys, piano black trim and dark grey colour line, white indicators. Added coopers S front grille, mud flaps, roof bars, rubber floor mats, water proof rear seat cover, rear bumper trim protector and JCW side indicator trims.

Done 15100miles now and just replaced front tyres. 1st service was at 12000 and averaging 53.2 mpg.

Had the usual fault of drivers side window that drops then shut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife purchased her new 08 pepper white/ carbon black mini last November and has since had it parked. Avoiding our cold harsh Alberta winter. She recently started driving it and just loves it. I swear if she could get it into the bedroom I'd be sleeping in the garage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's mine.

2007 Cooper - was bought by my wife and I last June. Was a demo at the local dealer so had a fair bit of kit added to it (Pace alloys, Chili pack, Panoramic sunroof, brushed alloy trim, anthracite roof lining, spotlights, sports suspension, sport button and loads of chequered details).

My wife has been using it for work until a few weeks ago when we swapped cars to keep the mileage off the MINI and put some more on my Skoda Fabia. No way was I going to argue about swapping! :wink:

You may notice the change in wheels - we decided the ride was a bit too harsh on the 17s with runflats and the car seemed to be very easily unsettled if you hit a bump mid-corner so we bought some 5-stars off ebay complete with barely used non-runflat Continentals - the car now drives a hell of a lot better - probably wouldn't have quite as much ulitmate grip on a smooth road (race circuit) but the ride is way better and the handling is so much nicer and more predictable now.
Personally, they are also my favourite MINI wheels and I think they really suit the Clubman. :nice:

Steve

·
Hot Orange Owners Tribe
150 Posts
I'm back.....
Not been on here for a while, and glad to say were back in a clubman, pepper White to boost
Much much better this time round and yes the r55/56 front has grown on me.

Will add pics when I'm back on a PC

Andy

·
Dave the sexy Clubman!
7 Posts
Haven't been on here for ages, but just saw this thread, and wanted to show off Dave, my 2009 Cooper D Clubman.

We've done 47,000 miles together so far and he's never missed a beat.
He's my works van (IT technician), my weekend lake district toy, he comes to music festivals with me and my pals. He's just brilliant!

Attachments

·
R55 One D in Pepper White
26 Posts
Hello everyone.

Former classic Mini owner and Mini Miglia racer, coming back to Mini with a new Pepper White One D Clubman with the recently added body colour C pillars option.

Fitted some nice Pepperpot alloys this weekend so here are some photos, and I'm loving our new Pepper White Clubman with Pepperpots, and just had to add us to the Pepper White Clubman roll call.

Also got some centre caps for the steels as in the other photo, which are being kept for winter tyres.

There's plenty more info about our mini adventures to date plus other pictures on the Welcome New Members "It's Good To Be Back" thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Say hello to Spot

This is my wife's new car, a Cooper Clubman automatic. She has ideas on putting dalmatian spots on it, hence the name (she used to have a Beetle with giant hippy flowers on it so there is a precedent here...).

It's a great little car, pretty basic (leatherette, no nav/Connected/Bluetooth) but it does have the auto lights/wipers, heated seats and mirrors, and 16" runflats but it is so nice to be back in any kind of MINI after two years without one in the family!

Attachments

201 - 220 of 220 Posts