MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been away from Mini ownership for a year ( a dark silver MCS JCW), thinking of going back in. Tried both a JCW and a Cooper D - and for some reason perferred the latter (so much more relaxed.)

Was thinking og Pepper White with Red Lounge Leather. Anyone done that? Any pics?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pepper white with red

Touche,

Thanks. That looks just fab. Nicely retro.

Are these 16" wheels?

I'm thinking of self coloured roof.

Your spec looks good too. Any advice with hindsight?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
can you get red lounge leather with standard grey doors?
Afraid not..... and a shame in my opinion :(

Same on the Clubman, if your spec Hot Chocolate Lounge Leather or Cloth, you get brown door cards!

Wish there was an option to keep them standard :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Philip,

The wheels are 16" 5 star blaster alloys, they came with the chilli pack.

As for options, it really depends on how you are going to use your Dooper, and of course budget.

Since the majority of my mileage is done on motorways during the night, the MFSW(Cruise control) and Xenons were good buys.

I got the lounge leather, as this car was supposed to be a keeper, and I wanted quality leather that would last, though I think it is over priced.

If you are doing a lot of city driving\parking you might want to look at park sensors (I think they only do rear ones), and power fold mirrors.

Would have liked a stereo upgrade, as the standard one is fairly poor, also would have liked bluetooth, but on both cases it was down to cost. Plus its possible to get 3rd party upgrades later at a better price.

Heated screen washers may have been a wise buy, as they would freeze up during journeys in the winter months, on my two previous model MCSs'. No doubt I will find out in a couple of months time!

Might also be worth going for a test drive in a Dooper which has the sports button, and give it a try. As there seems to be quite a few posts in favour of it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Touche

Thanks so much. This is v useful advice.

I do like the lounge leather - though probaly not worth the extra objectively.

Was thinking of the visibilty pack and auto air.

I never thought about the sport button for the D.

And is the sunroof worthwhile or not?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Philip.

I had auto air on my last MCS, but decided to go back to manual, as I found it anoying. When you first set off the auto air would go at full chat to get to the set temp, as I found this too loud and distracting, I would find myself turning down the fan, thus putting it back in manual mode.

As for a sunroof, I used to consider these a poor mans aircon, the only car I've had one on was my old 89 Rolla GTI (Nice pocket rocket, shame about the tendancy to rust). If you want open top driving, then go for a Cabrio, though I would hang on for the new one (Mar 09 I think), and I wouldnt be suprised if they did a Dooper version, though not too sure about the noise with the roof down!

Had a quick clear sceen an my Asbo, excellent piece of kit, however still had to scrape the side windows and mirrors!

Touche.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for this.

The big question is how will I like the Dooper after a BMW 325i. I think I will because such a different experince.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Afraid not..... and a shame in my opinion :(

Same on the Clubman, if your spec Hot Chocolate Lounge Leather or Cloth, you get brown door cards!

Wish there was an option to keep them standard :)
Agree 100%

Contrast between door cards and seats would make the seats look even more special

1 - 10 of 10 Posts