MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don´t get it. What is so amazing with that colour? I think it is ok but nothing to write home about. Maybe it is because I don´t like white cars. But isn´t a MINI better looking having a "real" colour. Explain to me why u like that white colour. My MINI is Indy Blue and I love that colour.

·
MINI2 Regular
124 Posts
Each to their own, if we all had the same preferences then the world would be a boring place. Personally, I love the pepper white and I waited patiently to become available on the S range. To be honest..I don't think Indy blue is nothing to write home about, It's a nice colour..but just not me. As I said..Each to their own :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
that's two for the pepper white. The white with black roof makes for a very elegant car. It may not look as sporty if there are no stripes or driving lamps, but I like the more mature appeal of it. I considered the Indi blue with black roof, but didn't want to have any problems with SUV's running me over at night since they can't see me. Also, not worth the extra $500.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not a fan of white cars, but I did strongly consider the Pepper White with the black roof & stripes. The contrast does it for me - I think that's a sharp combination. All PW would be too blah, IMO.

But in the end, it's gonna be Hyper Blue. (Yes, I'm still waiting....)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
05HB said:
I'm not a fan of white cars, but I did strongly consider the Pepper White with the black roof & stripes. The contrast does it for me - I think that's a sharp combination.
Me too, not a fan of white cars in general, but like Pepper White on the MINI a lot, it helps that it's not a completely white "white", gives it some depth.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes..

..I guess it can look elegant in that white colour, but is the MINI an elegant car? Nice though that u can make it look elegant with that colour if that is what u want. When I bought my blue MINI they also had a all silver MINI that looked elegant, but I liked the blue and white more, since I think the silver one more looked like an elegant BMW, I prefer MINI with a more striking colour. No offense to those with a white or silver car, just what I think :cool: .

·
Registered
947 Posts
My wife doesn't like white cars, yet she fell in love with Pepper White/Black combo and that's exactly what she got (The other runner up color at the time, 2 years ago, was Velvet Red metallic/White roof).

People that normally don't like plain milk truck white cars, seem to really like and be impressed by the richness of Pepper White and the sophisticated look it affords.

Pepper White is a British vintage color found in classic Jaguars and the like.

I personally think, Pepper White looks much better in the regular Cooper model than in the MCS. Pepper White is best with a black roof and works great against lots of chrome.

To me the MCS deserves vibrant colors, and that's why I went with Chili Red/White. The Cooper smoother lines deserve more subdued and sophisticated colors like Pepper White.

I also think the late Indy Blue was a gorgeous color but so does Velvet Red and Silk Green all of which are sadly discontinued.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
" Pepper White is a British vintage color found in classic Jaguars and the like."

Yeah I have to agree with this. I'm not a huge fan of white....perhaps because my pain of a first car was white, and I've been traumatised ever since :p . However, the 'toned-down' shade white colour on the MINI's does look more classy. I do agree that it does only look good with the contrasting black roof and bonnet stripes....oh, and spot lights too :D Looks more sporty then, rather than 'bland'.

I love the indi blue colour....shame they discontinued that :( Black all the way though I say ;) :cool: :p :D

Veronica :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I definitely would have gone for a more striking color for an MCS, but I"m betting a MC. Although a elegant looking beast would be pretty cool too. It's funny that you started this thread, to go along with the each to his own you should find the post called something along the lines of "Why would you get white roofs on MINI's?" Although I do agree that the white roofs make the car look not as slick and cool, i understand everybody likes different things.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bland? Don't think anyone's used that adjective to describe my car before!

But each to their own! :) :) :) That's the beauty of the endless combinations available for the Mini.

I'm a classic mini fan so my colour choice had a lot to do with reminiscence because pepper white is similar to old English white. My first new cooper was BRG. The pepper white gets a much better reaction on the whole.

I admit that it's hard to keep clean though! I think the custom roof really sets it off but it still looked cool for the couple of days I had it before the roof and stripes were done!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Veron781 said:
" I do agree that it does only look good with the contrasting black roof and bonnet stripes....oh, and spot lights too :D Looks more sporty then, rather than 'bland'.

:D

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Laura said:
Bland? Don't think anyone's used that adjective to describe my car before!

But each to their own! :) :) :) That's the beauty of the endless combinations available for the Mini.

I'm a classic mini fan so my colour choice had a lot to do with reminiscence because pepper white is similar to old English white. My first new cooper was BRG. The pepper white gets a much better reaction on the whole.

I admit that it's hard to keep clean though! I think the custom roof really sets it off but it still looked cool for the couple of days I had it before the roof and stripes were done!
I think your car looks very nice Laura :D

·
Diesel Powered
290 Posts
I too have Pepper White, I like the Indi Blue and Chilli Red but they're just not for me.
I had a white Peugeot 106 Rallye a while ago but it was fridge white (my term, not Peugeot's) and not a patch on PW!
I used to pass a classic mini on my way to work in a colour very similar to PW, is PW based on an original colour? I then saw a PW Cooper S with black vipers on the A1M and that really made up my mind. It's difficult to see the colour on photos, in the flesh it's almost cream sometimes, depending on the light. It really shows up in overcast weather, looks like vanilla ice-cream! I chromed mine up a bit and put silver viper stripes on, I prefer it like that, silver on "Olde English White", but I'm not so keen on the white / black combos I see around. Hard to please?!
I met up with tnoy66 yesterday, he's been thinking about getting PW but had never seen one close up in the flesh but after seeing mine he's convinced it's the colour he wants, it was PW or Chilli Red for him.
If they didn't make PW I guess I would go for gold with a white roof and white wheels - another rare and retro combo, does anyone have a photo of one like that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Her ladyship thinks Pepper White & black roof is very elegant (1930s art-deco image). I agree, but car-cleaning is not one of my hobbies so I've ordered Chilli red.

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Bianchiboy said:
I met up with tnoy66 yesterday, he's been thinking about getting PW but had never seen one close up in the flesh but after seeing mine he's convinced it's the colour he wants, it was PW or Chilli Red for him.
Yup, I'll be on the phone in the morning to my dealer to change my order :D

Thanks again :)

·
Diesel Powered
290 Posts
tnoy66 said:
Yup, I'll be on the phone in the morning to my dealer to change my order :D

Thanks again :)
Anytime buddy, although next time we meet I'll bring a coat - I was frozen stood in that car park! It's not quite as clean today though, good old Yorkshire weather eh? :rolleyes:

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
I love Pepper white with a black roof. Actually I just ordered a red with black roof recently, and actually think I might have preferred Pepper white more. It's too late for me to change now, as my vehicle has already been built, but yes, I love pepper white.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts