MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Home with Me
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question.
Am getting a 05 MCC with the 16 performance run flats, wanted all season, but dealer says not available. The dealer says he has the performance tires and never has problems in snow. wondering if anyone else has used the performance tires in the winter and if they are ok. Will be getting the car in December. So am kind of concerned. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
coolbluecooper said:
Quick question.
Am getting a 05 MCC with the 16 performance run flats, wanted all season, but dealer says not available. The dealer says he has the performance tires and never has problems in snow. wondering if anyone else has used the performance tires in the winter and if they are ok. Will be getting the car in December. So am kind of concerned. Thanks for any help in advance.
summer performance tires is USELESS in winter. get 2 sets of wheels 16/17 for winter with GOOD tires

and 18 for summer with good tires for summeruse

I live in norway :p so I know the difference.. it's like night & day

allseason tires are poo.

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
I remember a thread a long time ago someone stated that "all-season tires" are actually "no season tires" because they are not good in the summer or winter. If I had performance tires and lived in Chicago, I would get another set of wheels to stash some snow tires on for the bad winter months.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
If you like doing unintentional 360s then the summer tires are great fun in snow but if you like staying on the road, driving straight, and getting going in a reasonable amount of time you'll want some snow tires if you area gets any snow. Get an extra set of wheels and snow tires for best results as the wear and tear (And cost) of getting the tires swapped and balanced every time will eventually pay for the cost of the extra wheels.

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.