MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I've just joined this group. Thanks for having me.

Wanna asked if its possible to increase my MINI Cooper 2014 3cylinder power output? Thanks for any suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
565 Posts
Yea but you would have to remove your upper heat shield on the turbo and have to small sized medium length wrenches.
If you have over 60 thousand it is advised in the turbo charged world to up the boost on the car via. The Actuator rod bolts for the wastegate. loosening up one lock nut and turning the other bolt closer to the cold side of the turbo in the direction of the cold side of the turbo one full turn or one thread. Each 360 degree turn equals 2 pounds of boost. after that you lock the other nut just on the other side of the wastegate door level that the rod is attached too.
I have turned my two turns, but I also have a aftermarket intercooler, as it holds 2 pounds of boost.

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
565 Posts
Yea but you would have to remove your upper heat shield on the turbo and have to small sized medium length wrenches.
If you have over 60 thousand it is advised in the turbo charged world to up the boost on the car via. The Actuator rod bolts for the wastegate. loosening up one lock nut and turning the other bolt closer to the cold side of the turbo in the direction of the cold side of the turbo one full turn or one thread. Each 360 degree turn equals 2 pounds of boost. after that you lock the other nut just on the other side of the wastegate door level that the rod is attached too.
I have turned my two turns, but I also have a aftermarket intercooler, as it holds 2 pounds of boost.
This is the actuator rod in question.
the two bolts on either side of the waste gate door lever.
007.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts