MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I went to visit the Owner's Lounge at MINIUSA, and there was a new popup avaliable to me. It gave me the option to view actual production video of my personal vehicle. You got to see three stages of production. (1) Just the shell with no trim or lights (2) the engine being mounted to the body and finally (3) The final system test. It was really cool to be able to see my personal vehicle going through those steps. You are also given the choice to see save a wallpaper with 3 shots of your car.

The Owners Lounge did say that the offer was only extended to about 500 customers. My production date was Nov 12, 2004 so if your car was "Born" around this time you may have the same option. I have attached the wallpaper for all to view.

-- Joshua

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just checked, and I have the same option!

That is so cool, being able to actually see the production of the car, and seeing the first time the engine was turned on. Almost brought a tear to the eye ;)

My car was 'born' on November 9th, so if yours was produced around then, you might be in luck! I really hope MINI continues to offer this, it adds so much to the experience. Helps a little in the long wait too..

Oh, and hello everyone, I'm new here! Expecting my CR/W Cooper any day now. The wait is even more difficult now that I've actually seen my car!

·
Mini OneS Owner
150 Posts
Can anyone post a link to said video? Ill host one if you wanna email it to me...

Horgy

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Thats cool UK would never do that as they are IT numpties and like to live in Ye Old Days

·
Registered
375 Posts
All,

Here are step-by-step photos showing the entire thing (this is our new PW/B MCS in the pics). I captured the video as well, but it would be complicated to get it working for everyone and the stills pretty much show you the same exact thing. I hope that you like it! I think that MINI has really done an outstanding job here (let's hope that they make it a reality for everyone). KUDOS to them!!! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
AndrewBradbury said:
I just checked, and I have the same option!

That is so cool, being able to actually see the production of the car, and seeing the first time the engine was turned on. Almost brought a tear to the eye ;)

My car was 'born' on November 9th, so if yours was produced around then, you might be in luck! I really hope MINI continues to offer this, it adds so much to the experience. Helps a little in the long wait too..

Oh, and hello everyone, I'm new here! Expecting my CR/W Cooper any day now. The wait is even more difficult now that I've actually seen my car!
Welcome to mini2 im still new here too but there's loads of great info here, and some funny topics from time to time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts