MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're looking for a pushchair (I think that the modern term is "stroller", but I'm old-fashioned), you could do a lot worse than th ePetite Star Zia. It's similar to the Quinney Zapp (but it's cheaper and lighter, though it doesn't fold quite as small), and will fit flat on the floor of the boot in the Hatch still leaving plenty of room for other stuff. Which is about the most important thing in a pushchair when you have a MINI.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had one of these, happy with it to start off with but once my little boy started to sit up he didn't like it. The seat is still slighly reclined when in the sitting up position (more so than others on the market) and he was forever slipping down, looked so uncomfortable and one grumpy baby!. Also had a problem with the back wheels, on two occassions they came off when crossing the road, easy to hit quick release button on the edge of the kerb. In the end I got that fed up and took it back to Boots, I ended up with a maclaren quest which although I have to take the parcel shelf out to close the boot, by boy is much happier and comfortable in this one!

·
Registered
325 Posts
We've got a Petite Star Zia & a Quinny Zapp (+ a few others in the loft!!!). The other half has quite a buggy fetish :biggrin:

We've got a 2yr old and the other half has a MY01 Mini Cooper. The family car is...well...a MY02 Mini Cooper S :wink: Who says you can't use a Mini as a family car?

Anyway back on subject. I love both buggy's for their own merits:

Quinny - Seems more sturdy and a lot more manouverable with littlun on board. It also folds smaller. It's hard to describe unless you've got or used both but the Petite Star seems to flex more. Our boy has a ruck sack that we often hang over the back & you can notice the extra rigidity when you hook it over. Also with the rigid back he can't throw himself around as much.

Petite Star - Easier to open & close and has a latch to keep it closed when putting it in or taking it out of the boot. The Quinny has a tendancy to start opening at the wheels when lifting. That is unless you get a strap but that's time consuming. The rain gear fit's in a brilliantly designed pouch that straps to the side so it is out of the way when folding. This makes for more storage space below. The rain gear for the Quinny has to either go underneath making for difficult folding or in a bag on the back which seems more of an afterthought. Then there's the ability to recline which is a godsend.

If we're going on a short trip to town then we'll take the Quinny but if we're going on a longer trip or on holiday we'll take the Petite Star so he can sleep better if needed.

Swings & Roundabouts really & depends on what you're after. We've got both so we've got the choice & because they both fit in the boot of our cars :)

MAFFA

·
Registered
67 Posts
i love this pushchair..........i bought it last week (im a nanny and am sick of having to take wheels off and seat units off of pushchirs to fit them in the boot!!! GRRRR) it realy easy to pop up and down.
i have used it with babies aged 8 weeks, 12mths, 16mths and 26months and they all seam happy in it (and two even fell asleep)

i used a baby body support from babiesrus (£10) for the 8week old for extra support ad comfort and baby fell asleep with in minutes.

it feels a bot flimsy compaired to the loads of other pushchairs i have used but i think it will last a good while if well cared for.

·
ukmini*****
168 Posts
We have a Petite Star Zia, we started off with a Quinny Buzz, which is a lot bigger.
The Zia is a nice small unit, and we took it to the canaries with us this year, so its had a plane battering and is still like new.
We have a Clubman, and have started to use the bigger Quinny Buzz again. The Zia has a poor shopping basket, but at least it has one of a sort. I would recommend the Zia, but i am not wanting a Quniny Zap (Anyone want to sell me one/trade!:)) They seem a little easier to steer, plus if Baby no2 comes, the Maxi Cosi Car seat can go on the Zap frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts