MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my R56 for about 4 months now and love it. I had a Phatbox in my previous ride ('00 Audi S4) and find that I miss it quite a bit. I know that a lot of people are just moving to iPods, but I would like to install this in my Mini, since all it is doing now is collecting dust. Plus, it would be a cool little project without spending lots of cash.

I've been searching for anyone that has done this, and haven't found any information. I am hoping that someone here has done this.
What I have is the "Hi Fi" sound system. Is this unit a Kenwood in disguise? There seems to be some aftermarket cables that will adapt a Kenwood head unit to a Phatbox.
Does the Hi Fi system without the Convenience option come with the CD changer prewiring? If so, where is this located? I know that the CD changer is supposed to be located in the glove box, but where do they hide this cable for people who didn't buy the changer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

Anyone have any answers for Cd Changer wiring? If I can figure out if it is there or not, maybe I can make an adapter that will work.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts