MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my F60 PHEV new on 3/2018 it was always showing 42km left on battery when fully charged. From 1/2019 I started getting 41 km on the display. From 5/2019 I’m getting 40km.
Real world performance doesn’t seem to change, but is hard to be sure!
What’s your longterm experience on the PHEV’s battery?
Is it battery’s capacity deteriorating or is it the car is adapting on my driving habits?

·
Registered
52 Posts
When i bought my F60 PHEV new on 3/2018 it was always showing 42km left on battery when fully charged. From 1/2019 I started getting 41 km on the display. From 5/2019 I’m getting 40km.
Real world performance doesn’t seem to change, but is hard to be sure!
What’s your longterm experience on the PHEV’s battery?
Is it battery’s capacity deteriorating or is it the car is adapting on my driving habits?
You are lucky, I got mine a month ago (a 6month old car) and is showed 21 miles (33km) I was away for 2 weeks so the car did not get used.. it now only shows 17-18 miles (27-28km) I queried this with the dealer and was told the figure fluctuated depending on the ambient temperature and the temp of the batteries.
Yesterday I went out it showed 17 miles fully charged but got to 22 miles before the ice cut in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That estimate is based on your driving. And you must be doing the same routine ever since I believe.

Sometimes mine displays 45km and sometimes 25km... depends on the results of the previous day. It’s really a bad system.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine has been in the service bay for this problem several times and the dealers has done something that has meant on collecting it the next day it has shown the maximum range again but after a couple of days it never shows more than 21 miles range. I’m glad to read I’m not the only one with this issue which, while it isn’t spoiling my enjoyment of the car, it doesn’t exactly make you confident in the technology like you can be with a petrol gauge! At least I don’t have to pay for charging on public chargers but it is annoying to take up a public charger thinking you have only a couple of miles range left in the battery and find the car is fully charged in 30-40 minutes using a slow rate charger.

·
Mini noob
112 Posts
Mine never showed more than 36Km , except the moment I charged it for the first time when it showed 42Km.
Usually it shows 28-32 and it definitely adapts to the driving habits. Apparently I have a heavier foot than other people :) ...
You can rely on 20Km of distance. but more than that requires sacrifices in terms of acceleration and max speed. My daily routine is 60Km to/from work (30Km in one direction) and I barely make it on battery alone ... but my route involves about 20Km of highway with a speed limit of 110Km/h, which means I usually go 115-120 on that part.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I use highways it drops to around 30km.

My house is 30km and 30min away from work on highway and 24km and 35min by road.

When on highway the mini will never make it to work on battery only and usually gets there with 1.5l/100km.
When I go by road I sometimes go and come back on battery (48km), even in sport mode at 80km/h

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,
New here on this forum, I skipped the introduction because I found this thread by accident and was so interested in you electric ranges I wanted to contribute my range. I will do the introduction next.

So, I have the 2017 (september) Countryman SE and it never, I say again, never gives me more than 25km of electric range.
Programming pre-heating in winter or cooling in Summer whilst plugged in doesn't help much, the highest range I saw was 27km with all electrical devices switched off. (That's not the way I want to drive this car of course, it was for testing)
I will address this with the dealer next month when it has to go in for it's first periodic maintenance. (2years not even 22000km)
The car is charged every night and I always use navigation and I really drive economical.
I wonder if maybe an update or something similar will do the trick to gat a more decent range out of these batteries.
Anyone talked about this at his/her dealership already?
Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
By the way, since we have it, we have an average fuel consumption of 3,3l/100km over 7000km but that could be closer to 1,5 or less if I had an electric range of +/-30km because that is what I need regularly.
With the announced theoretical range of 42km by BMW/Mini I would have expected 30 to be feasible.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi.

25km that’s what I do in the worse days, sport mode and heating on or highway.

I’d say my average is around those 42km and I can tell why:
I live at 30km from work, where I can charge the car too. Usually i get there with 30% left when I arrive both home or office. So if you do the math it would be around 42km a full battery (of course we need to ignore those 5% when the engine kicks).

The main problem with range on this car is heating and speed. When I go by road I get there with at least 30%, using mid mode and regular driving (50kph to 90kph and some jam). But if I turn the heating on it will be empty long before I get to destination. If I go by the highway at 120kph, the best I can reach is 25km... done those tests multiple times and is always the same result.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
ampma
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing