MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on these bulbs... http://outmotoring.com/philips_blue_vision_bulbs.html
I wanna see how they compare to the xenon lights. I just dont want to waste my money on a cheap looking blue light. Does anyone have these or anyone know how they look? I'm really looking for that euro light look as on BMW's and such. And can anyone recommend me better bulbs if any for that euro light look? Thanks

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
I've tried the philips blue vision bulbs (see my gallery). the light wasnt bad from them, matched the xenons quite well, but they look blue when off, which annoyed me enough to change them. Am currently on Ring frosted LED sidelights, which are almost purple, so not at all sure the police will like them, but they match quite well with the xenons...

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
I used Philips Vision Plus in my last MINI for a few years , excellent performance especially in really bad wet nights , I personally don't care how they look as long as they work well .
Gerard

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I highly recommend the Philips Vision Plus, I use them as my full beam on my Xenons. They are a massive improvement.

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
nylo

waht are the model number for those piaa side lights? they look pretty cool.. they changed the blinker from orange/yellow to white ... right?

·
Registered
624 Posts
nylo said:
are you talking about osram sidelight bulbs? if so, what are they? how do they look when lit/unlit etc?
i think he is talking about Osram Silver Star. I've been using the Osram Silver Star for about 1month or so on my other car, and its improvement over other bulbs is quiet large.
haven't used the philips vision plus personally but heard that they are rated similar (silver star still ranked a bit higher according to powerbulbs.co.uk)
i've just ordered a set of blue vision philps, i will see how they compare with the non blue tint bulbs.

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
jonnyyellow said:
nylo

waht are the model number for those piaa side lights? they look pretty cool.. they changed the blinker from orange/yellow to white ... right?
Johnny, I don't know what the model number is, but I got them from mini-design.com who were really helpful- nice guys, would recommend buying from them. They don't actually change the indicator from orange to white, these are just the sidelight bulbs which look less yellow when on, match the xenons better. I also have silver look indicator bulbs which look silver but flash orange. I think they are silvatec ones (can be bought from
demon-tweeks.co.uk), is that what you're referring to?

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
jonnyyellow said:
yes pal, that's them. One thing you might want to know is that because LEDs run on so much less power than traditional bulbs, when the car is locked, a self checking mini 'charge' courses round the vehicle- its the min's way of checking nothing has been tampered with- the LEDs flash momentarily every few minutes. Thats why i ended up changing them- that annoyed me a little and i was afraid of it attracting unwanted attention. Having said that, I'm back to LEDs which are a cool purpley colour, quite simply because the yellowy light of normal bulbs was doing my head in. god i'm hard to please!!!

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts