MINI Cooper Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Chris's Funeral will be held on Monday 30th March .

FUNERAL DETAILS

The funeral for Chris will be taking place on Monday 30th March at 3-45pm at Gilroes Crematorium, off the A50 Groby Road.

We have been invited back to Chris's Sisters house after the funeral for anybody who doesn't have to head off straightaway, which I am touched by.

Chris's daughter Linzi would like to meet us all beforehand, but we'll arrange that shortly.

Dress code is black, but there will be yellow ribbons handed out at the funeral.

As a tribute to Chris, we would like all MINI owners to tie yellow ribbons on the cars.

I now need to try and get everyone organised, so if you would like to come, can you please email me your name and how many people you will be bringing in your car. This is so I can make sure we pick up everybody on the way and also let Linzi know the expected number of cars and people.
Email: nicci 'at' eastcoastminiclub.co.uk

·
D Man From Del Ponte
248 Posts
Sorry to hear the news - I always ended up talking to him about his scuttle scoops if we wernt having a laugh at something or someone - nice bloke - I will miss him. Pass on my regards to his family

·
Crazy lady..
382 Posts
So sad to hear this, I remember with great fondness meeting Chris at the Himley Hall show in 2007, it was miserable and the rain didn't stop all day but it didn't dampen the atmosphere! I had a great conversation with a MINI/Mini enthusiast about his MINI and everyone else's! A massive loss to our community :(

Phoenix you will be sorely missed x

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Funeral went well. The family were touched by the turnout from the MINI Community.

There were around 25 cars there from ECMC, LMC, DMR, NMC, thanks to everyonen that was able to make the event and give Chris the send off he desereved.

Thanks also for everyones messages of sympathy which have greatly appreciated by everyone.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
60 Participants
COOPERation
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing