MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our R60 Countryman has an arm rest with a blanked out adaptor in it - I want to use it...

I can buy an adaptor for it so that an iPhone 5 SE can be clickeded in it
My immediate concern is that the phone, with a gel cover on it, will not fit - does anyone know?

That said, though, I wonder if it is possible to have a generic adaptor that will allow me to plug in an iPhone 5 SE (with a "lighning" adaptor) one day
and then a Samsung android phone (with a USB-C adaptor) the next

I realise this might require me to fiddle about with a cable or two but it seems like a more sensible way to go

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the few mini’s that me and my wife have had the armrest adapter has been ignored. As once your phones in there you can’t see it and use the controls on the steering wheel and the input on the centre dial instead.

So we’ve gone down the wireless charger route mounted to a Brodit holder. That way one cable multiple phones and if you’re using your phone as a satnav it’s still visible. Coupled with a Aux Bluetooth adapter your onto a winner

Brodit

They offer wireless chargers as well but equally you can find them on Amazon for less.
This is the adapter my wife’s got in her countryman. For music from her phone and it helps with Google maps directions as well. Doesn’t effect incoming calls when linked to the mini via Bluetooth at the same time.

TUNAI Firefly Chat LDAC Bluetooth Adapter - Hifi Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver with USB DAC 3.5mm AUX for Car/Home Stereo Music Streaming & Hands-Free Calls - Auto On, No charging needed (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/23eVJ0v

Hope that helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I hear what you are saying and it makes good sense - I will take it up with SWMBO
The stereo in the car already has bluetooth - so we don'tneed the dongle either

Are any other "hacks" I can apply to the connectivity which must be available in the arm rest?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts