MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photo taken February 13, 2002, at the Chicago Auto Show. This front passenger seat is covered in panther black profile leather, with the knobby bits.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
It looks like that brown paper fragile goods are some times wrapped in :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
I believe the gray appearance is due to the built in metering on the camera, resulting in an overexposed image.

tsipple,
Did you actually get to sit in it? Are the knobby bits hard like a basketball or softer like a glove?

Cheers,
Brant

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Panther black really isn't totally black. It's more of a graphite color. The camera sees the seats a little differently, though.

Yes, I did get to sit the in the seat. I don't think the knobby bits make much difference in how the seat feels. They aren't particularly hard. I like how they look, though.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
The Cooper we had for a week had black panther leather seats.

They are more dark grey, and we had the non-sports seats, and they were not very grippy at all (just ask my passengers that week).

:)

I like the look of them though.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I love the Baseball Glove leather that you can have in the Audi TT :cool: :cool: :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
smiffy said:
I love the Baseball Glove leather that you can have in the Audi TT :cool: :cool: :D :D
I really wish you hadn't posted that pic......

Where's my nearest AUDI dealer.......oh yes......2 hundred yards down the road from Brisbane BMW. Maybe take a drive on the same route with a TT.......Hmmm.....yes maybe I should do that, just to be sure......;)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Just find a TT with the baseball glove leather & do a straight swop :D :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts