MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photo taken February 13, 2002, at the Chicago Auto Show. This picture shows what a heavily optioned MINI looks like, with the navigation system, relocated speedometer, multifunction leather steering wheel, automatic climate control, DSC toggle, etc.

Be sure to look for the other Chicago Auto Show photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
just goes to prove what i have said all along that the sat nav is terrible!
it looks horrible and detracts from the lines of the interior and it looks such an afterthought putting the spedo on top like that as well

YUCK!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I like the two instruments above the wheel, and the Climate Controls are a work of MINI art........brilliant.

I agree though that the Sat-Nav unit looks awful.... I guess the cost of producing a round TFT screen was too prohibitive.

In Australia I doubt if the sat-nav unit could be used whilst on the move anyway, so why not have designed it to go under the toggle switches, and leave the Rev Counter (Oz only) / Speedo in the middle........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I thought the reason for the LCD display like it is:

1 the display is a common display across the BMW range, thus keeping the price down.

2 the display s 16:9 format so in the future you can watch DVD movies.

Maybe the next option we see is a DVD player with at stereo system with 5.1 surround sound. :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
snoopy said:
I thought the reason for the LCD display like it is:

1 the display is a common display across the BMW range, thus keeping the price down.

2 the display s 16:9 format so in the future you can watch DVD movies.

Maybe the next option we see is a DVD player with at stereo system with 5.1 surround sound. :D
All to be watched whilst sitting in your garage presumably........:D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes in Aus. Adds new meaning to the concept of going to the drive in, don’t you think. :D

But on the more serious side the act does not say what info is displayed on the display. So maybe if you have an OEM DVD display this is ok. Also taxis also get an exclusion from this rule. Don't know why. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
snoopy said:
Yes in Aus. Adds new meaning to the concept of going to the drive in, don’t you think. :D
he he he

snoopy said:
But on the more serious side the act does not say what info is displayed on the display. So maybe if you have an OEM DVD display this is ok. Also taxis also get an exclusion from this rule. Don't know why. :rolleyes:
Taxi drivers get special dispensation because they are allowed to turn right when indicating left, so I would guess they may as well be allowed to look at their electronic refidex at the same time.........:rolleyes: :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts