MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photos taken February 13, 2002, at the Chicago Auto Show.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a different and unusual perspective...

Attachments

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
In the picture direclty above of the silver MINI with the hood opened, it's just an optical illusion that the headlight trim appears blacked out, right?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
BruceK said:
In the picture direclty above of the silver MINI with the hood opened, it's just an optical illusion that the headlight trim appears blacked out, right?
I believe it's an optical illusion as you said. Just look at the headlight trim on the right headlight and you can see that it's chrome. The 'blackened' one may have just been a reflection of the ceiling :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Shame there isnt a picture face on off the 'hood' :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi minicoopersgirl!

I can't see your photo here. I had a problem with posting a photo off my hard drive last week myself. Maybe you had the same problem I did.

Here's what I found: You have to copy your C:\file into the 'attach file' dialog box at the bottom of the reply box. But make sure to type your message and preview it first, otherwise the preview button wipes out your file name. After attaching your file you have to immediately hit the submit reply button for it to display properly-ask me how I know (10x)! Also it has to meet the size limitation of less than 550x550 pixels or it also won't display.

If that does't work report to a moderator, they know more about this sort of thing.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
karmuze said:
Hi minicoopersgirl!

I can't see your photo here. I had a problem with posting a photo off my hard drive last week myself. Maybe you had the same problem I did.
If that does't work report to a moderator, they know more
about this sort of thing.
Karmuze is totally correct (and helpful :)). Also, if your file is too large to attach to your post and you can't/don't want to resize it to fit, you also have the option of uploading the image file to your MINI2 personal gallery and then linking to it in your post. Worthwhile if it's a picture you want to keep in your gallery anyway. :)

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
If the picture is too large to attach, you really don't want to embed it in your post with IMG coding. Upload the picture from your PC to your MINI2 personal gallery as Bruce suggested, but embed the gallery thumbnail in your post so that it supersizes to the actual gallery picture when you click it. Here's the vB Code required for a clickable thumbnail:

{URL=http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/member/picture.jpg}{IMG}http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/member/picture_thumb.jpg{/IMG}{/URL}

Note: '[' replaced with '{' and ']' replaced with '}'

When pictures from a MINI2 personal gallery are used, the URL for the thumbnail is almost identical to the actual picture ... it just has "_thumb" before the ".jpg".

If there is no thumbnail for a high resolution picture, you can use the following URL for the clickable thumbnail:

http://www.mini2.com/images/camera3.gif

To learn about vB code you can use in posts, click vB Code [help] in the left margin of the "Post Reply" page.

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
Okay, sorry about that guys. As I hard as I tried posting that darn picture it still didn't work.
Here it is and it's not even that great of a pic to get everyone all worked up about! HA! :D

[Thumbnail made clickable by MINIAC]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts