MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried fitting some new PIAA 2-LED sidelights today. However when installed one way round they didn't work at all and the other way round caused them to be lit dimmly when switched off.

Any ideas???

I thought I remembered reading something about this previously on the forums, but after searching couldn't find anything.

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
they do lite dimmly when switched off for about 40sec or so then go off completely

if you turn your ignition key all the way without starting the car - watch the sidelights they strobe n flash like a lowrider......just get a complimentary girl to shout and scream outta your sunroof and your ready to ball aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

hit the streets and hustle player ;)

hope that helps

:)

·
MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,106 Posts
I used to have PIAA bulbs in as well, when I turned them on they flickered for about 5 seconds but I never had the problem that they stoped on for a sertain period. they can also send your car computer round the bends as well, that happened to me!!! :rolleyes:

·
'54 MC
12 Posts
you need to use a load resistor for each sidelight led bulb (contact Robert at [email protected]). Simply connect across both wires using splicing connectors (supplied). Be careful where you site the resistors as they get v.hot!

this stops the leds from pulsing and staying on ;)

·
MINI2 Regular
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies.

I tried installing them again this morning, but hit the same problem again. When switched off they were still lit dimly, so I waited for them to switch off, I waited over 5 minutes and still they didn't turn off???

Any other ideas?

Trav, thanks for the contact at ultraleds, might be my only choice?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts