MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted the PIAA bulbs as a replacement to the normal headlight bulbs? Done a search but can't really find the info i'm after. Want to get rid of the yellow glow from the lights and improve visibility as they are extremely poor. I have PIAA sidelights and want to double up. Anyone who has fitted them which particular bulbs did you go with? what colour do they produce? is there a considerable improvement on the original bulbs? and how much did they set you back?

Cheers for any light that can be shed

Pardon the bad pun!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have swapped my standard bulbs with a variety of cheap alternatives to PIAA as wanted a colour match with my PIAA leds. However, you get what you pay for! Good colour match but visibility greatly reduced. Am back with my Phillips blue vision plus which are marginally less yellow than stock. Did look into getting PIAA bulbs but these set you back around £80-90!! Let us know how you go on.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Max when you talk about reduced quality was that just for the cheap ones? What is the quality of the Blue Visions you are running now like? and how much did they cost/ easy to fit? PIAA's are pricey but how much (if at all) better are they than others?
Cheers

·
Registered
299 Posts
PIAA is better

cooper7 said:
Max when you talk about reduced quality was that just for the cheap ones? What is the quality of the Blue Visions you are running now like? and how much did they cost/ easy to fit? PIAA's are pricey but how much (if at all) better are they than others?
Cheers
I have not changed all the bulbs on my 05 MCS to PIAA yet, but plan to. On my other car, I have already changed so many aftermarket head light bulbs before and they burnt out every 6 -9 mo., so finally I decided to buy a set of PIAA which is pricy, but they have been working for about four years already, no problem, bright and with a little purple tone by looking at them. So, I am planning to change the high beam and the fogs to PIAA on my MCS.

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
I changed my sidelights to PIAA LEDs, they're very good and produce a white (maybe slightly blueish (even tho both LEDs are white)) colour. I also upgraded my other lights. At first I used the PIAA Extreme White bulbs, these were very good and gave a very white output, unfortunately they are quite dear and didn't last long at all. I've since changed to PIAA Platinum White and these also produce a clean white output, maybe not as bright though, but they seem to last longer :)

Hope this kind of helps in some way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts