MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this combo? I'm opting for cloth over leather/leatherette as it will be a convertible. Nothing worse than getting out of a car with a big sweat spot on the back. :D

I'd like to see it before ordering, if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I guess the configurator image will have to do, and gives me a fairly decent idea I suppose. I was hoping to see an actual photo.

I was worried about this combo looking funny, but I guess the gray in the seats compliments the silver doorpulls and downtubes.

Thanks.

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
i got the space grey seats with the cool blue interior. I was afraid of the grey looking bad too, but i actually love it. It lightens up the interior and really brings out the trim. i would say go for it

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is the EXACT combo I want and have been looking for!!!
Like you, I am getting a convertible and am more interested in cloth. That being said, I have read a lot of reviews and almost all say that the Mini's leatherette is very good and durable.

I still don't know if I can handle leatherette though -- I'm in a very hot climate and I HATE being hot or sweaty.

Well, if you found a larger or better pic, please let me know!!

What options/packages are you getting?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't found a pic. Guess I'll just have to order and hope for the best.

I definitely think cloth is the way to go in the convertible. I have cloth in my Miata and the seats are always comfortable. I have to assume the leatherette would be hot and sticky on a warm sunny day. I only wish I could get solid black cloth in the MCSC.

My options: cold weather pack, front and rear fogs, DSC, Harman Kardon, chrome interior, multifunction steering wheel, garage door opener. Trying to decide if I want limited slip. Also trying to decide on wheels. Will probably go with the v-spoke or 7-fin 16", then sell them and buy the 16" R90. What's your spec?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found a pic!!! It was right here on this website!!

For some reason, it wouldn't let me copy the pic to this message . . . I'll figure out how to post pics soon. (Every website is different!)

Anyway, fizzy has a post "Anybody got Chilli Red dash colour option"
(I didn't make the typos -- those aren't mine!!)
On that thread, there is a HUGE pic of exactly what we are looking for!!! :)

I had cloth in my last convertible too -- Toyota Celica. I like the cloth, but it gets pretty dingy. I don't know what I am going to do -- leatherette will probably be more durable, but I just can't imagine shorts, heat and leatherette being a good combo!

As far as my MINI (or the one I want)

Chili Red Convertible
Automatic (I know, I know -- but I hate driving a stick!)
Multi Function Wheel
Auto Air
Sport seats in Gray something? (I don't won't all black seats in Florida -- ouch!)
and (of course) the interior will be red!!

I am toying with the idea of the Universal Car Garage Opener and the Arm Rest.
I would love to add more, put the cost is adding up!!!
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I've seen that pic before, but it doesn't show space gray cloth seats, and that's what I wanted to see in contrast to the red dash.

Yep, costs add up quick on a car like this where there are so many options to consider.

Personally, if I lived in Florida, I'd not consider leatherette, especially in a convertible. Heat + sun + humidity + a seat material that doesn't breathe = a bad situation.

·
MCSC
32 Posts
Chili Red and Dash, seat colors...

Ordered a Chili Red S Cabrio with full aero, red dash and door ovals, about a week and a half ago. I was worried over seat color too. I had seen some pics on the web of two tone seats in black and red. I've been told at the dealer that they just aren't avail in the convertible. I settled for the grey cloth figuring it wouldn't get as hot as leather sitting with the top down, especially since it seemed the black and red just wasn't available.

Example pic uploaded of what I really wanted. ( I hope, first try here) I stopped by the dealer today to check some details and saw a Red S cabrio in the lot with black and red leather. It's not the panel config like the photo but nice. Not the patterned tartan or panther. Black and red leather I can't find on the configurator...

A fellow on the Yahoo groups pointed me at some neoprene red and black seat covers at wetokole.net. He has a set and says they look good with his Chili Red. Hey are supposed to not get so hot or cold etc. Might save the $ on leather assuming I could convince anyone it exists and go with these. Wanted to share that site as sounds like we're sweating similar decisions.

I'm expecting the Mini stork in mid March...

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I still haven't found a pic that shows exactly what we want -- sigh. That being said, I think the two tone (gray/black) will look fabulous with the colored dash and door rings!

I don't care for the red/black seats at all -- just too much for me. I like the pop of color as opposed to overkill. (Just my opinion)

My "baby" should be here next month . . . I'll post pics as soon as I can!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.