MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...for anybody interested. There are some shots of the racing seat & harness, rollcage and other safety stuff.

Cheers all

Andy

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Good luck;)
in your new MINI adventure:D

I hope to get out to some of the events thru' the season to show support an' all that stuff:)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Nice car! It looks really cool being that little bit lower...

Looking forward to seeing it for real at Goodwood. (My day off has been booked!)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Now that is what I call a sports seat. I bet that doesn't rattle or squeak. Can you have any other colour other that red?
It seems the races will be the perfect place to meet up either officially or unofficially. What do people think? The dates are below.
DATE VENUE EVENT ORGANISING CLUB
3 April Goodwood, West Sussex Track Day Non Championship
27 April Wiscombe Park, Devon Hill Climb Woolbridge Motor Club
8 June Abingdon Sprint Sprint Sutton and Cheam MC
22 June Gurston Down, Wilts Hill Climb BARC (SW)
28 July Silverstone, National Race 750 Motor Club
18 August Bovingdon, Wareham Sprint Woolbridge Motor Club
15 Sept Snetterton Race 750 Motor Club
20 October Mallory Park Race 750 Motor Club

I don't know costs to get in, if anyone knows let me know.

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers all for your kind words & support - really looking forward to meeting some of you.

Good news today - I got my first sponsor! Ok, so it's only £250 from the broker who organizes the contract hire on our company cars, but every little helps! And, he's going to talk to his contact at Lex to see if they can do something too, so fingers crossed. Should go some way towards the cost of my helmet at least!

PS Paul - MINI2.com gets a freebie placement on the car, if you have any suitable stickers; PM me if you're interested, and I'll give you my address to send them to :)

Thanks again

Andy

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Cheers Monsta,
I actually pick up my new Cooper on the 3rd of April (hopefully).
The MINI2 sticker you had made for your car, where did you get it from? Are you joining the club?

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Sponsor place nicked

Well done on the sponsorship TVR I'll have to start driving around a lot and getting noticed

Have you noticed how the SPAX and Mintex logos have been placed outside of the reserved sponsirship areas - I say we charge for that !!!

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Silver and Black said:
Now that is what I call a sports seat. I bet that doesn't rattle or squeak.
No rattle or squeaks however you can't use the std belt with it because the catch is attached to the std seats - hence you have to wear the harness which I have already tired of. I've replaced the seat for the time being with the std seat and removed the door bar - and guess what you get - one eye catching rip snorting cooper that you can in and out of (admitedly you fall of the seat going round corners !!:D )

Can you have any other colour other that red?
You can have any colour you want - Red is popular because it's easier to match the paint when TVRman takes a side swipe at you:D :D - only jesting Andy

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Re: Stickres where they shouldn't be:

Oh yeah, well spotted! And the 750MC one, and the Safety Devices one too... Might have to have words on that - seriously, if it messes up a big sponsor's placement, that'd be bad news.

Any word on mats/brakes?

A

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
TVRman said:
Oh yeah, well spotted! And the 750MC one, and the Safety Devices one too... Might have to have words on that - seriously, if it messes up a big sponsor's placement, that'd be bad news.

Any word on mats/brakes?

A
Can't discuss mats here - been sworn to secrecy !!:)

As for brakes apparently awaiting road legal compound from supplier - meanwhile Aussy test car that's still over here has been running std pads and they havn't caught fire once apparently - :eek:

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Racer said:

Can't discuss mats here - been sworn to secrecy !!:)

As for brakes apparently awaiting road legal compound from supplier - meanwhile Aussy test car that's still over here has been running std pads and they havn't caught fire once apparently - :eek:
Re: Mats - PM /email me pls

Re: Brakes - that's all well and good (that they don't catch fire), but haven't we paid for an upgrade? No doubt we'll get a refund...

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Silver and Black said:
Cheers Monsta,
I actually pick up my new Cooper on the 3rd of April (hopefully).
The MINI2 sticker you had made for your car, where did you get it from? Are you joining the club?
I had my MINI2 sticker made by a local graphics company.

Anyway, if you are joining the club you will be getting one yourself at somepoint!

Yes I will be in the club.. ;)

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
TVRman said:

Re: Brakes - that's all well and good (that they don't catch fire), but haven't we paid for an upgrade? No doubt we'll get a refund...
When you get that refund be sure to email me with your lottery numbers for this week

:D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Racer said:

Smiffy yes - pick six numbers between 1 and 49 and give the lady behind the counter a pound
Any idea what numbers I should pick or should I go for a lucky dip :confused: :confused: :p :p :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts