Votes: 39 12.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Cooper S waiters,

What color is your Cooper S going to be? I was interested in dark silver ever since the 1st time I saw it in pics. After seeing the color in person, my mind was 100% made up that's going to be it. I think it looks so NICE! So my combination is going to be dark silver with white roof/mirrors and blue/black leather. :cool:

Karman

·
Registered
930 Posts
For me, ever since I saw pics of the SuperChips MINI One and the BRG Cooper S photos in Paul's gallery I've been in love :D I will choose one of these colors with the white roof/mirrors and black/tan interior plus these options:

- Union Jack roof decal
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Xenon headlamps

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
...Similar to CooperS&S2000:

Indi Blue w/ white
UJ Roof (probably)
Silver R90 wheels (probably)
Black or Charcoal cloth/leather

·
Registered
5 Posts
Silver with Black......

I have ordered a dark silver with black combo. This wasthe hardest choice of them all. All the other options seemed kinda obvious.

Anyway, it was a tie between:

Yellow with black,
BRG with white (the all time classic),
Dark Silver with black.

In the end it was the Dark silver with black and black leather. It kinda evloved like this.

Girlfriend would leave me if I took the yellow :-(
So out of the other two, I chose the Dark SIlver because I had seen one in the skin at the Show and that counted for a lot. Looked great.

Just hope the final product lives up to it when it arrives....

It seems the Dark Silver has been popular. I am very interested in the roof color combinations. Also, has anybody taken white wheels?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I first very keen on the Electric Blue, but looking at the USA BMW site I know want the Pepper White with black roof - up until now there has been no mention of this colour in Aus. Is this colour available in UK????

Andy:rolleyes:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Originally posted by Karman

Hey fellow Cooper S waiters,

What color is your Cooper S going to be? I was interested in dark silver ever since the 1st time I saw it in pics. After seeing the color in person, my mind was 100% made up that's going to be it. I think it looks so NICE! So my combination is going to be dark silver with white roof/mirrors and blue/black leather.
Yeah Definately, and with the S Spokes like OnlyS4Me mentioned, the car will look amazing,
Was thinking about having all black leather in mine.

I am off to my dealer tonight cos he emailed me to let me know that he has some information he isn't allowed to send out but can show me.

Will post details tonight.

Andy

·
Registered
573 Posts
Originally posted by sxc-s

It seems the Dark Silver has been popular. I am very interested in the roof color combinations. Also, has anybody taken white wheels?
My workmate has a blue cooper with white 5 spoke alloys, they look the dogs, but apparently are a bitch to keep clean

Andy

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Losing faith fast........

I'd like to see at least pictures of the "S" in ALL available combinations before final choice. Come on BMW, get your act togethe, all this cloak and dagger stuff is beggining to piss me off.

Mind you, there appears some doubt over the expected Australian delivery dates from the May/June 2002 promised.

I'm not prepared to wait beyond these dates so may cancel anyway. Very dissapointing but lifes too short waiting for BMW to get their act together...

sorry, i've lost the plot......

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Indi Blue with stars and stripes on the roof.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far, a very strong showing for dark silver. I am quite surprised that there are no bidders for yellow. For those who haven't picked a color yet, I understand your situation. I was lucky enough to see the color I really want.

Cape Cod MINI: is a stars & stripes roof really available?

Keep them coming :)

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
KarmanS said:
I am quite surprised that there are no bidders for yellow.
I'm not opposed to yellow in principle, but from what I've seen, it seems to be a bit of a pale, milky yellow. If it were a real strong obnoxious yellow like MG's current "Trophy Yellow", I think I'd be more interested. I could dig the whole bumblebee thing with a hot yellow car with a black roof...

-Ricardo

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
MGB Boy said:

I'm not opposed to yellow in principle, but from what I've seen, it seems to be a bit of a pale, milky yellow.
Dakar Yellow it ain't :rolleyes:

I'm still undecided between BRG and Dark Silver ... I've seen the former in the flesh, but not the later.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Interesting that someone posted a question about whether or not buyers would opt for the "exclusiveness" of dark silver; it looks like most S's will be that color, so not very exclusive at all!

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
I am actually debating either Dark Silver or Yellow. I think I would rather have a color not everyone is going to have and it looks like everyone is going to have Dark Silver. I just like to be different. I will need to see the colors in person though before I make that final decision :)

Cape Cod MINI, that sounds like a great combo. If you get the stars-n-stripes I would love to see it!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Erm, maybe not that different, either .... :rolleyes:

I'm trying to decide between yellow with a white roof, and all-over dark silver. The latter would scream class, whereas the former would just scream :D

My partner actually *wants* me to choose the yellow.

If only the dark silver was available with a red leather interior, it'd be no contest. Any chance we can persuade BMW?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts