MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my cooper up tonight and i love it allready.
as it was dark the interior amazed me even more, all the inside lights are awsome with the rev counter and speedo lit up together.
going to give it a full detail tommorow inside and out then ill get some pictures up on this thread.
just one question though, when i get into a car park or onto my drive the fan instantly cuts in but the temprature is always at half.
is this the design or could there be a problem?
thanks
joe

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Hi Joe,

Congratulations on your car. :D

If you have the temperature gauge, then presumably you've bought a 2nd hand MINI, or a new convertible (new hatches don't have the temperature gauge). If the needle is staying half way this is completely normal, once warmed up it should stay in this position. However is it possible you are hearing the power steering pump whining (they're very noisy on 1st generation hatches and convertibles, again completely normal)? - most noticeable when parking, changing direction at slow speeds?

If it is the fan then obviously as with any car just makesure you check the fluids under the bonnet on a regular basis. It is normal for the fan to sound from time to time, but checking the fluids means you can avoid a big bill if you catch a problem early enough. Good luck and enjoy MINI motoring! :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lawro :) i think it was just a coincidence that it came on twice as i parked up twice to be honest, temprature gauge looked fine anyway and im checking all the fluids tommorow.
and yep was a 2nd hand cooper in red on an 04 plate, chili pack half leather etc.
absalutley loving the gadgets all ready, after having a rallye which basicly has a steering wheel and some pedals.mpg on the 30 miles iv done seems good aswell, averaging around 36mpg.
i think the first mod will be a set of white 17'' pro race 1.2's.
anyone else got any suggestions on wheels.
thanks adam also :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts