MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals. im new here so hello

Right i may be ordering a mini cooper soon and i would want to modify it. So i was wondering if theres anybody out there who has modified there cooper to post some piccies so i can get some ideas.

Im thinking of lowering it so any pics of some lowered minis would be great.
Also the lexus look rear lamps.
Any bonnet strips and roof decals.
Also any engine mods like air filters, ECU upgrades would be cool.

cheers

·
It IS a BMW!
59 Posts
My Cooper

Colour coded arches and (cooper s) sideskirts, 17 inch BK299's in hiper blank, white bonnet stripes, blue cooper s spoiler, clear indicators. Rear lights from the USA via eBay.

Full play mini exhaust, including manifold, Pipercross Viper induction kit

More piccies at www.benfallaize.com

·
Registered
413 Posts
Seymour, from Cliosport? Welcome.

If you're buying new remember any unofficals mods means no TLC (your free servicing) and some warranty issues.

I think it would be criminal to swap from the cool ass LED rear lights, only bother if its a pre-2005 model.

I'd personally go for JCW kit, being offical. It's not good value, or even that good but i'd get that fitted and then get someone to modify the head a bit more. Dealers would never know! An expensive route, but i don't want any hassle.

-Rob

·
Mini Crazy
62 Posts
the modifications ive made are

sub and kenwood head unit fitted. speakers are good quality in the cooper so they can stay for now.
tinted windows all round, on a silver cooper with a black roof this looks good.
17" Oxi alloys with 40mm low profile tires. i got a pic of these.
mini cooper s spoiler (its just better)

ill get a digital pic of my car soon, but you can see the alloys anyway

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
MaRKaSaURuS said:
... tinted windows all round...]
You want to be VERY careful with this as ANY tint on the front (driver and passenger) windows is now illegal in the UK. If the Police stop you and the tint isn't too dark they'll probably give you a week to remove it, if the tint is 'limo black' they can declare the car unroadworthy and you'll have to get it towed to a garage. Both scenario's have the option of a fine attached.

Most reputable tint companies will no longer tint front windows.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
robfenn said:
Seymour, from Cliosport? Welcome.

If you're buying new remember any unofficals mods means no TLC (your free servicing) and some warranty issues.

I think it would be criminal to swap from the cool ass LED rear lights, only bother if its a pre-2005 model.
Depends on the dealer r.e. the TLC thing, and also depends on the modification.

Oh and theyre not LED lights.

Oh and mine, Lowered using Eibachs (best springs to get although Coilovers are better)

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Damo said:
Depends on the dealer r.e. the TLC thing, and also depends on the modification.

Oh and theyre not LED lights.

Oh and mine, Lowered using Eibachs (best springs to get although Coilovers are better)
Not LED lighting, then what is it? Even the BMW press release said they're LEDs and they sure as hell look like them!!

Cool car, depends how you define best though, the Eibachs are progressive so relatively comfortable, but linear springs would give more faithful handling.

-Rob

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
robfenn said:
Not LED lighting, then what is it? Even the BMW press release said they're LEDs and they sure as hell look like them!!

Cool car, depends how you define best though, the Eibachs are progressive so relatively comfortable, but linear springs would give more faithful handling.

-Rob
Dunno about the lighting but having seen the lights up close and personal on CooperChicks car every weekend, and Chromes car ever other weekend, theyre not LEDs. So the LED lighting probaby refers to the interior.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts