MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, im a new member who has been viewing the site for about a year now and I thought it was about time I posted.

I finally picked up my Mini in July after a gruelling 1 year wait. I collected it straight from the bmw oxford plant as i live about 5 miles away. After driving the car for a few months i can honestly say it just gets better and better. My first two cars have been a 1 litre nova, 1.2 litre corsa, and a 1.4 litre rover 214 so the s feels ever so slightly quicker.

The Pipercross kit really has given the engine a special sound, the car does seem to pull harder as well.....The stereo is still under construction but i havnt listened to it since the induction kit went on lol.

AMD is not far from me so the next step is miltek catback, reduced pulley and a one click.

Thanks to everyone who posts on here- it really is invaluable information when you are ordering-----Although it makes you extremely jealous when you are waiting for delivery lol













 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Car looks great.............

I don't know how you managed to wait 12 months, I couldn't do it again. I ordered a Z3 in 1997 and waited 9 months which neary killed me. This time I decided to go for a used Mini with as near to the spec as I required. Found one on a 53 plate two weeks and took delivery lat week!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wait was horrible- I dont think i can do it again---- Especially as my other car decided to punish me by disintegrating throughout the year. The worst thing was that in oxford all you see are minis driving about--- The transporters come right post my bedroom window lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Uuuhhhhhhh.....

Thats a great looking MCS you have, you obviously have great taste in cars.

Just one thing.......SNAP its identical to mine !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol---- Clearly you too have great taste.....I actually copied all my options of someones cooper on this site---They posted photos and it looked stunning
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
Great looking mini BTW!

If you live close to AMD then you probably live even closer to BBR. Give them a look in before going to the clowns at AMD. They are really really beginning to build a bad reputation for themselves, even amoungst the VW brigade (R32 owners and TT owners especially) which have been their biggest market for the last 5 years or so - not good at all. I wouldn't trust them to cut a tomato in half, let alone go near my car again after the stunt they pulled on me at the MINI2 dyno day.

I live in Cheltenham, not far from Oxford at all and would be willing to meet up for a test drive etc in my car. You will be astonished how quick it is as it is now, but be prompt in your decision because it won't be a BBR phase 1 for too much longer (more HP in the pipeline, oh yes ;) )

Henry
 

·
the DASH LIGHT king ? ;)
Joined
·
485 Posts
supercoopers said:
Great looking mini BTW!

If you live close to AMD then you probably live even closer to BBR. Give them a look in before going to the clowns at AMD. They are really really beginning to build a bad reputation for themselves, even amoungst the VW brigade (R32 owners and TT owners especially) which have been their biggest market for the last 5 years or so - not good at all. I wouldn't trust them to cut a tomato in half, let alone go near my car again after the stunt they pulled on me at the MINI2 dyno day.

I live in Cheltenham, not far from Oxford at all and would be willing to meet up for a test drive etc in my car. You will be astonished how quick it is as it is now, but be prompt in your decision because it won't be a BBR phase 1 for too much longer (more HP in the pipeline, oh yes ;) )

Henry
Were AmD that bad ??

theyre my best customer really cuz they do up all our audi tt`s and S4`s !

i spoke to scott there and he gave me loads of info...i just wanted a one click but he said theres no point cuz with the plans i have , it wud not take into account the chip and pulley i want, so if i just did one click, it wud have to be reprogrammed once id got the pulley fitted! they cud have not told me that and charged me twice! i got a good quote of em also, never had any customers complain, sorry if im going on about it but im suprised to see a complaint about em 8(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supercooper---- Where abouts are BBR mate--- I have actually seen a growing amount of complaints with AMD--- im still on a vauxhall forum and quite a few of the members have complaints about them- suprising cos i always thought they had a great reputation
 

·
Rubber MINI
Joined
·
91 Posts
That's a great looking MINI you've got there Black&White. I notice you have a pre 05 model yet you have the new 3 spoke steering wheel, how'd you manage that?

Happy motoring, and modding!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M1N1GUN said:
That's a great looking MINI you've got there Black&White. I notice you have a pre 05 model yet you have the new 3 spoke steering wheel, how'd you manage that?

Happy motoring, and modding!!!

Ive no idea how i got it--- Maybe it was because it was an internal sale with the bmw plant-- they might have just put it on to test them or something lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
Black&WhiteScooper said:
Supercooper---- Where abouts are BBR mate--- I have actually seen a growing amount of complaints with AMD--- im still on a vauxhall forum and quite a few of the members have complaints about them- suprising cos i always thought they had a great reputation
BBR are in Brackely mate, about 10 miles from Bicester. Talk to Mick (technician) or better still, David Brodie himself who is very knowledgeable himself (he used to be BTTC champion in the 80's!). There are alot of pitfalls for customers in the tuning arena, but I believe that BBR are honsestly offering one of the best products out there. Companies like AMD take your money without a flinch and their business ethos is appalling.

Hope that helps.
Take care,

Henry
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top