MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading some topics about installing a boost pressure gauge. Unfortunately I haven't found what I'm looking for. I purchased a boost pressure gauge (mini-maddness.com), but it doesn't have an installation manual. I've seen lots of topics around here about after market gauges and they contain lots of images of the gauges, but not of the sensors (or in my case a little white t thingie).

I'm looking for pictures of the t piece installed. It should be somewhere close to the intake manifold, but I don't know where exactly. Is there any one who could help me?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
best way:
take off the intercooler; find the tiny vac line that connects the manifold to the fuel pressure regulator; cut it neat the manifold end and put your tee in there.
the line is hard to get at, as it is buried under the snoot feeding the intercooler. The fuel pressure reg is mounted to the fuel rail.

·
265 Posts
CaMeroN said:
I'm looking for pictures of the t piece installed. It should be somewhere close to the intake manifold, but I don't know where exactly. Is there any one who could help me?
As jlm stated, the vacuum line you are after is underneath the primary IC manifold. It is a thin black tube (4mm diameter) which ends on a grey tube which is about 1cm in diameter and 3/4" long as it connects to the manifold. I was able to remove this using a some pliers without having to remove the IC. Like jlm, I got a piece of 1/4" vacuum hose (about 1 1/2" long) which I connected to the manifold port where the grey tube came from. I then attached the other end to my T-piece. The original tubing I connected to one end of the T-piece and then connected my gauge plumbing (of my mechanical boost/vac gauge) to the other. I passed the tubing to the cabin via one of the rubber gromits on the fire wall. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot jlm & Amigo :)
I'll take a look at it in the morning.

What is the best way to get from the engine compartment to the inside of the car. I've bought gauges with will be mounted next to the ref counter. Is there an existing hole I can use, or do I need to drill a hole my self?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.