MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I go to the dealer I thought I would check here to see if anyone has any ideas and confirm I'm not being stupid.

My pioneer head unit and speakers have all been working fine for a couple of months, suddenly today I noticed that the right rear speaker "Pops" when changing sources or when turning the stereo on and off. There is NO music coming from this speaker, the others are fine.

I thought the speaker might have a dodgy connection but when I connected the original wave head unit everything works fine. I can only conclude that either the Mini to iso adapter is causing the problem, unlikely as all the wires are firmly in place, or perhaps the headunit is causing the problem. Perhaps my girlfriend has managed to change one of the head unit settings ( it was fine before she borrowed the car!) or else there is a problem with the head unit.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

Just to let people know it was a problem with the HU. One of the chanels has gone so the HU is away to be fixed under warrenty. Apart from that the HU was great and I had no problems with it and would recommend it to those considering a new HU, if only the LEDs were amber it would be perfect.

Oh well back to humming in the car, no ipod, no cd, no radio!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
ThirstyMark
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing