MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BBMC 003
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I currently have a Pipercross Viper induction kit and today I reconnected the cold air feed after a while of leaving it off. I've heard about the HKS Super Power Flow kit and am deciding whether to sell the Pipercross on and buy the HKS or just make do with the Pipercross.
Does anyone have experience with the HKS or know any performance figures with either kit?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, im thinking of getting an induction kit. i know there are several on the market. K&N being the cheapest, pipercross which sounds good, the viper kit which is bit more expensive but heard many good things, but i would love the BMC carbon Fibre induction kit but way to expensive

Im a bit weary atm on what to get, a little power gain is ok, but i would love my cooper to be a little louder, eventually getting an exhaust on... maybe next week :D

·
BBMC 003
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im a bit weary atm on what to get, a little power gain is ok, but i would love my cooper to be a little louder, eventually getting an exhaust on... maybe next week :D
Well after quite a few months with the cold air feed off I put the cold air feed back a couple days ago and the roar I had has almost gone :( Better throttle repsonse mind!! If you wanted a Viper and took the cold air feed off to get the noise, then you'd probably be better off getting the HKS or a different type of 'cone' induction, as the Viper is really made for use with the cold air feed, the engine bay is a horrible warm place and not much air gets to the Pipercross unfortunately, but same story with HKS and you get more volume!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts