MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, this is my first post here and I need your help..fast.

I just ordered my MCS (PW/B) last Friday (delivery date first week of December) and still have some second thoughts about some of the extras.

I took the Chili Pack, of course, and added the airbags, a Boost Cd radio, the tainted windows and a couple of other bits and pieces.

But this weekend I just casually went into a Mini dealership back in Stuttgart, Germany.
I took a Mini One for a test drive (that's all they had left, even though they promised me that if I give them a call a week or two in advance, they would give me their MCS Works for the whole weekend - sweet).
The steering wheel was the 2 branch one. And I am now confused as to what I should be getting for my MCS. I didn't ask for any specific one, so I will be getting the 2 brand S one I guess.
Should I get the 3-branch one? Or the 3 branch multi-function one?
And what about the iPod kit that they are supposed to bring out? Will I need a multifunction steering wheel to control my iPod? But when is that kit even coming out?

Let me know what you think.

·
aaaaaalright
103 Posts
if your not sure - then add it on, especially if money is not a problem. Its much better afterwards to say, "i never use this feature" then to say "i wish i had it". Take advantage of being able to spec everything to your needs.

I almost didnt get the new xenons on my 05, what a huge mistake that would have been.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point....but I quite like the standard steering wheel....I'll take a last minute decision I guess.

I'm even having second thoughts on my color combo: PW/B.
I don't think it's that much better than CR/W or EB/W, but I simply want to have an MCS that I can recognise in the street!

Here in London, everybody drives HB or DS
In Paris, it's all DS/B

I want mine to stand out!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got the 3 spoke (I was told that was all they offer anymore, but that just might be in the States) with the multifunction and I love it. The stereo controls on the steering wheel are great! I also got the Xenon lights and they are awesome - I get more comments about the lights than anything else! Spec that thing out - better too much than too little!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts