MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's wondering if anybody ever plasti-diped their Mini?
I'm looking to plasti-dip all chrome accents on my r56 including grille and hood scoop ,has anyone done anything similar? looking to see if i should get it done by a shop or do it myself .

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
I would have thought a wrap would be better then when you sell the car or happen to get fed up with it you can just peel it off, using paints its not so easy to alter.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
plasti dipp can be removed by just peeling it off and you dont have to inform dvla of the colour change because its not classed as a permanent change or colour, i had i had my sky line dipped looked great and kept my car original nice and fresh,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I plastidipped all the chrome on mine. Trim around the windows, grill, door handles, scoop, mirror caps, side shuttles, head and tail light rings etc. Looks great. I'd post pictures but I don't have enough posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Plasti-dip is easy to use. If you don't like the job you did or if you want to change color just peel it off and do it again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Plasti Dip

I used plasti dip for my 2013 Mini. I de chromed everything except the doors handles and the chrome belt line. I look at it for more temporary use like 6 months than needs to be re done. Other people have left theres on for longer but for me i see the color sorta faded a little. Just depends where you live. I noticed covering smaller areas only looks better, For example covering your side fender with plasti dip will not look so good in my opinion.

If you want to add me on Instagram and ask me more questions your more than welcome to, just let me know you are from here =)

IG: Randy_Thomasian

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts