MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, as you can see, i'm a newbie to posting. I've been a member for a couple of months now, but have been a little shy about posting. I've been looking to buy a plastic model of the new mini cooper s. I've done some searching on ebay and google, and couldn't find a *new* mini kit. So, I figured, if google couldn't find something....this would be the second best forum to search anything about mini. So here goes....
Does anyone know if a plastic model kit for the new mini's are made. Tamiya is the only company that I know that makes detailed plastic models, and it seems as if they don't make one yet. Sorry if this has been discussed already. I did a search at mini2 as well and could only find info on die cast models, but not plastic models. I would love to build an exact replica of my car in detail :D . Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Canyon Mini
310 Posts
That would be really cool!

mini-meh said:
Hi there, as you can see, i'm a newbie to posting. I've been a member for a couple of months now, but have been a little shy about posting. I've been looking to buy a plastic model of the new mini cooper s. I've done some searching on ebay and google, and couldn't find a *new* mini kit. So, I figured, if google couldn't find something....this would be the second best forum to search anything about mini. So here goes....
Does anyone know if a plastic model kit for the new mini's are made. Tamiya is the only company that I know that makes detailed plastic models, and it seems as if they don't make one yet. Sorry if this has been discussed already. I did a search at mini2 as well and could only find info on die cast models, but not plastic models. I would love to build an exact replica of my car in detail :D . Any advice would be much appreciated!
:redblack:

·
Registered
514 Posts
New Mini Models

Tower Hobbies has a range of Mini's both plastic and metal, kits and pre-assembled. Not sure if you are looking for the new New Mini (that is 2005 spec) or the MINI. You might be able to customize existing kits to meet 2005 feature set.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome,

I build model aircraft as a hobby. Revell/Monogram makes a 1/24 scale MINI Cooper (pre-facelift model). With a little bit of scratchbuilding it would be somewhat easy to make a Cooper S. You may have to be limited to the 5-star wheels though. You can get the model at www.greatmodels.com.

Hope this helps,
Erik

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.