MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
i'm a rare owner (at least in italy) of a Mini One (july2k2)

today some bright minds have stolen two of my plastic trims (these ones to make it clear if i've used the wrong word) and moreover a third one is full of scratches (milan sidewalks, i love them...).

I decided to post here since this "problem" is a concern of the sole One owners (and just some of them).

As you have probably already figured out i face a "big" dilemma:

1) buy 2 (or 3) trims just like the stolen ones: how much??? i've no idea!

2) replace the whole set with the more recent ones (the ones with mini hubcaps): will they fit my my02 wheels? again how much?

3) i could "waste" my xmas funds on a set of new (it looks like there's no market for used ones here) alloy wheels, what would be the minimum likely rsp for original ones?

thanks for your attention :)

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
I think the standard wheel trims are fairly expensive actually!

if u need some new tires and yer wheel trims have been stolen for the cost to replace all u cud pick up sum alloy wheels for about the same

check out the fore sale section on here, see if your dealer have some used ones they want to get rid of and also keep an eye on ebay

:)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
ibimbo said:
i meant just the plastic "cover", can this thing be so expensive?
Directly from MINI, yes, but I see sets of them all the time on eBay that don't even get a bid at £10, so you can certainly pick them up cheaply if you keep looking.

:)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
ibimbo said:
actually i had a look on ebay but wasn't able to find anything like that, can you provide me an example link? (doesn't matter whether it's expired or not)
Funnily enough, I can't find any now, but I've definitely seen sets in the past. What you may wish to try is posting in the "WANTED" forum, as I'm sure a fellow MINI2 member will sell you their old trims.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Probably we got to the end. I've found guy who is selling for 200 euros 4 alloy wheels (SPACE model) fitted with dunlop sp9000 tyres (50% condition). Tomorrow i'm going to his place to collect them and swap the all thing. Looking forward! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Minis in Rome

Hi, When i was in Rome there seemed to be thousands of Minis on the road, though not as popular as the Smart car. Have u tried a breakers yard and get a second hand set of Alloys, or inded is there a 'buy and Sell or Loot magazine where someone has trims for sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.