MINI Cooper Forum banner

PlayMINI Exhaust

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Boddington 
#1 ·
Mini Fans!!! Has anyone installed a PlayMINI exhaust on their "S"? I heard it is the closest thing to the Borla Sport performance-wise, but without the LOUD roar.

I've heard everywhere that an exhaust upgrade for an "S" is ONLY for aural pleasure and has little performance enhancements, if any at all. How true is this?

Thanks a million!!!

#8 ·
i believe is the same as the scorpion system in the states so i do have one too... LOVE the gurgle and popping... sounds almost like a misfiring system! soooo cool when u lift off in a parking lot and it pops... ppl do take notice!

#9 ·
Thanks for all your responses guys & dolls!!! Sounds like that's the one to get.

But has anyone using a PlayMINI exhaust notice any performance enhancements though??? Like I said before, the general consensus is that exhaust upgrades are more for the ears than for sheer power.

#11 ·
It does feel a little nicer, but I think that is all in the head;)

I don't think any mods like this can give much power enhancement unless you re-map, as at the end of the day the running of the car is managed by a programme, and no matter what you put on it still has the original programme;)

#14 ·
No cat back will give a noticeable peformance increase. There will be less back pressure which will lead to better throttle response, which gives people the mentality of "wow, this is quick!"..everyones been there!

I'd go for what you prefer the look/sound of, if you want a performance upgrade you need to start looking at the manifold/downpipe/CAT as well as the rest.

-Rob

#17 ·
Anyone got a Playmini exhaust on an S in the Manchester area who would let me have a look / listen? I'm tempted to get one for the throttle repsonse (to go with my Alta intake and MTH remap) and the popping, but am not so keen on the idea of an exhaust which will be a lot noiser for day to day use and make me sound like a general hooligan.

Cheers in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.