MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this? Most Cooper owners seem to have the unsilenced straight thru front pipe. I've read the threads on the Playmini and most people seem to think that the unsilenced pipe is not too loud, especially at lower revs. I usually shift between 4 and 6K and don't want to make a statement all the time, but I don't want to change my driving style and shift at 3K. I am looking for a sportier tone. Is the silenced front pipe too quiet?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
As I was the one who tested it first for Playmini I can honestly tell you that there is not very much difference but the straight pipe is the way to go and its sporty without being in your face loud.

I had the HKS but it was too loud and attracted the wrong attention,the Playmini exhaust will be just what you want. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. I know that gains for the Cooper are difficult to achieve, especially with just an exhaust, but does the Playmini improve the top end only, or is there a bit of improvement in the lower rev range? I saw the dyno graphs of the Playmini on the One and there seemed to be a modest gain in the low to mid range. I don't know if it would be the same for the Cooper since they're tuned differently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts