MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I finally put a deposit down on my future baby. I've already spent a lot of time considering which options I want, and I think I have made some decisions, but would love to hear feedback. I've never seen a color combo like this yet (hyper blue with black roof, black bonnet stripes, and hyper blue interior...) Any pictures out there?

Other thoughts?

- Thanx
- Jon

My 2005 MINI Cooper S
Base MSRP* $20,400
Destination & Handling $550

paint
Hyper Blue Body Color $420
Black Roof/Mirrors $0

package
Cold Weather Package $300
Heated Front Seats
Heated Side Mirrors and Washer Jets
Convenience Package $400
Universal Garage Door Opener
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Rain Sensor and Auto Headlamps
Premium Package $1,350
Automatic AC
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof
On-Board Computer
3-Spoke w/Cruise and Multifunction
Sport Package $1,350
Dynamic Stability Control
Front Fog Lamps
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
17" S-Lites (Run Flat Performance)
Black Bonnet Stripes

performance
Sport Suspension Plus STD
Limited Slip Differential $500
Rear Fog Lamp $100
6-Speed Getrag Manual STD

cockpit
Sport Seats STD
Leather: Lapis Blue $1,300
Int. Surface Hyper Blue $0
Park Distance Control $350
Computer Nav. System $1,700
On-Board Computer INC
6-spkr AM/FM CD Player STD

TOTAL MSRP AS CONFIGURED* $28,720

accessory**
Black Carpet Floor Mats (4) (installation not incl.) $95

TOTAL ACCESSORIES ** $95
TOTAL MSRP AS CONFIGURED* $28,720

TOTAL COMBINED $28,815

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
dont think youve missed anything major... :D

hyper blue is nice
not sure about black roof, white roof and white wheels is much nicer.

looks like a very well loaded MINI.

do u need auto aircon?

lot of people find manual aircon to be fine.

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
i dont think rear fogs are available in california.

And i have seen that color combo in the city before. my GF lives in the castro area.
next time i see it i'll take you a snap shot =)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scooperman_uk said:
not sure about black roof, white roof and white wheels is much nicer.

do u need auto aircon?

lot of people find manual aircon to be fine.
Hm. Yeah, I have been switching between wanting a black/white roof for a long time now. I think they both look great.

Hm. I guess I didn't have any big opinions on auto air... Doesn't it just come with one of the packages? You can manually control the temp even if you have auto air, right?

- Jon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MyWiniCooper said:
i dont think rear fogs are available in california.

And i have seen that color combo in the city before. my GF lives in the castro area.
next time i see it i'll take you a snap shot =)
I ordered the car from the Salt Lake City dealer. MSRP and they can do it in a reasonable amount of time. So I guess that's another benefit - I can get the rear fog since it's a car being built for Salt Lake?

Cool, if you see that car, would love to see a snapshot!

I go through the Castro and eat there all the time, I'll look for it as well.

- Thanx
- Jon

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
jbauer ...

There are several galleries with pictures of the color combo you have chosen ...

Members List > Search Members > Advanced Search:
Personal Gallery: Yes
MINI Model: MINI Cooper S
MINI Body Color: Hyper Blue
MINI Roof Color: Black
MINI Personal Gallery: Yes

Looks like you ordered almost everything except for the HK stereo and the exterior and interior chrome ;)

Nav system means no center speedo :(

I'd forego the Nav System ($1700), Leather Seats ($1300), PDC ($350), Cold Weather Package ($300) and put that money towards performance mods to make proper use of the LSD :D

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'd skip the Premium and Cold Weather packages, since they add cost, complexity, and weight, without giving . . . enough in return. I bought my S with only the Sport package, and have never missed any of the gear in the others.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the black roof b/c if you are going to get the sunroof (I love mine) then it blends in well. A white roof will have a black sunroof taking up most of the space.

About the bonnet stripes: I prefer not to have them b/c for one it detracts from the air scoop on the hood and second there is not a real good color contrast between the blue and the black.

If you decide to get a white roof I would not get white wheels. They are a nightmare to keep clean and the MCS is known for a lot of brake dust.

As for the rest of the options, I like them. Good Choice.

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Too many options for me, but great choice on color combo.....other than the seats, that's gonna be my combo. Oh, and i'm skippin on the bonnet stripes. :)

I plan on spending more like 23k on mine. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Purple Haze said:
Too many options for me, but great choice on color combo.....other than the seats, that's gonna be my combo. Oh, and i'm skippin on the bonnet stripes. :)

I plan on spending more like 23k on mine. :)
I've been driving a 1995 Miata for the last 5 years which had NO options. Manual windows, no cruise control, etc. My feeling is that I want all the options on this car. If there's stuff that I think might be overkill now, there's a chance that I'll be glad to have it at some point in the future (heated seats may be debatable in SF, but not debatable in Tahoe...!).

- Jon

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
jbauer said:
I've been driving a 1995 Miata for the last 5 years which had NO options. Manual windows, no cruise control, etc. My feeling is that I want all the options on this car. If there's stuff that I think might be overkill now, there's a chance that I'll be glad to have it at some point in the future (heated seats may be debatable in SF, but not debatable in Tahoe...!).

- Jon

Touche' :D

I completely understand.

I'm just poor. :D :D

·
Go West young MINI!
111 Posts
Chrome Line Interior

Unless you're going to get the chrome line interior parts aftermarket, I'd get this. It isn't very expensive and looks really sharp.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Seriously nice spec - it doesn't seem like you've left anything off. Personally though, I'd probably delete the cold weather package (probably not necessary in a California car), the parking distance sensors (I parallel park every day and the car is only 12 feet long) and the SAT-NAV (admittedly nice but I still prefer maps). The money saved could be used for those expensive performance upgrades.

As for the roof colour, while it's true black blends in better with a sunroof, I have a white roof with sunroof which makes a better background for graphics.

Your MINI sounds sweet - enjoy it whatever you decide! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
landparkmini said:
Unless you're going to get the chrome line interior parts aftermarket, I'd get this. It isn't very expensive and looks really sharp.
Hm. I'm not a big chrome fan, but admit that I haven't seen this. Will check it out.

- Thanx
- Jon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ncdave said:
Seriously nice spec - it doesn't seem like you've left anything off. Personally though, I'd probably delete the cold weather package (probably not necessary in a California car), the parking distance sensors (I parallel park every day and the car is only 12 feet long) and the SAT-NAV (admittedly nice but I still prefer maps). The money saved could be used for those expensive performance upgrades.

As for the roof colour, while it's true black blends in better with a sunroof, I have a white roof with sunroof which makes a better background for graphics.

Your MINI sounds sweet - enjoy it whatever you decide! :)
The SAT-NAV is a must for me. I have a terrible sense of direction and have been struggling with after market GPS's for years now. I can't wait to have it built into the car...

The parking distance sensor thing is definitely overkill. I'm considering deleting that one...

Cold weather isn't a must, but everyone that I know who has it loves it... That may be a keeper.

I wasn't planning to get a graphic, but if I did, I know that white would be a better choice. Does the white roof help keep the car cooler on hot days?

I didn't get the anthracite headliner either. I like the lighter color better.

- Thanx
- Jon

·
Go West young MINI!
111 Posts
jbauer said:
Hm. I'm not a big chrome fan, but admit that I haven't seen this. Will check it out.

- Thanx
- Jon

You definitely need to see it in person. It might be a bit too loud, depending on your preferences. I didn't think much of it until I saw it in person. While the chrome is made of plastic (just like the usual silver bits they would cover), it doesn't look like it. Once I saw it, I thought that the stock rings around the speedometer, stick, etc. looked sort of cheap.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks like a good spec to me.

Not sure on the Lapis Blue seats & Hyper Blue dash, they might clash as the Lapis Blue is a much lighter colour than HB.

The Interior Chrome pack looks better than it sounds, it adds a bit of retro to the interior, they look a little like my Smiths gauges in the MG Midget.

Whatever you decide to keep/change, it will still be a hugely fun car :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dino_smith said:
Looks like a good spec to me.

Not sure on the Lapis Blue seats & Hyper Blue dash, they might clash as the Lapis Blue is a much lighter colour than HB.

The Interior Chrome pack looks better than it sounds, it adds a bit of retro to the interior, they look a little like my Smiths gauges in the MG Midget.

Whatever you decide to keep/change, it will still be a hugely fun car :D
Does anyone know of pictures I can look at that show comparisons of the interior chrome pack vs. an interior without it?

Anyone have experience with Hyper Blue with Lapis Blue???

- Thanx
- Jon

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
HB/B is Hot. Black Roofs Rule.

But I don't agree about the HB dash clashing with the Lapis blue leather-- my S has CR dash and doors and the red/black cloth/leather seats, and the red on the seats is at least one shade darker than CR, and it doesn't distract. Looks quite nice TYVM :)

The cordoba leather, however, might look sweet, even with HB dash/doors and chrome, since U want the lighter headliner. I saw a HB/W MCS with the cordoba and it looked good (no chrome or color, tho.)

My only suggestions, and this is based on my preferences OC: get the Sport Pak "ala carte": the xenons fogs and stripes (if U want them) but forget the DSC (too big brother IMO) and those tanky S-lites (get the stock R84 16" V-spokers.) The S-lites are heavy and cumbersome, and U will notice this in ride and driveabilty. I think the R84s are about 10 lbs lighter, each.

Despite what others might say, do NOT delete the cold weather pak. The heated seats are the perfect Rx for the lower back, esp for long road trips. And should you need to sell the car, your geographic base just got bigger. ;)

Oh and you're not getting a cabrio with the huge blind spots, so dump the park control and chrome out your interior instead. Chrome looks good with color. It's hard for me to look at MINIs w/o chrome or color on the dash anymore. Jimbo

PS my website has a pic of the chrome and colored interior, CR of course, but just to give U an idea of what can be done. http://home.earthlink.net/~sequence/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts