MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Owner & Motoring Advisor
158 Posts
Anthracite Headliner should be available for a $200 upgrade. The MFSW is one of my favorite features, cause I love controlling the radio.

HK is definitely worth it. Great sound, good response, and the driver optimization mode is sweet. Ask your dealer when that car will actually arrive. You may be subject to a price increase if it arrives after Jan 1. That'll be $501 more just because they are raising the MSRP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlueCS said:
Ask your dealer when that car will actually arrive. You may be subject to a price increase if it arrives after Jan 1. That'll be $501 more just because they are raising the MSRP.
Tonight he said that it would arrive around the holidays, so I am assuming I would be just under that $501 radar. Knock on wood, but I will indeed ask about that. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hiya,

Welcome to Mini2, I think a lot of the stuff you mentioned is really the real personal specifications that you need to decide on yourself, I was changing my mind for ages! I think the thing to do is to get everything you think want because if you leave something oyt, you'll regret it!!!! I wanted the sun roof and have regretted not getting it ever since I took delivery....

Whatever you decide, it'll be your mini and you'll love it regardless, only thing I will say is I didn't gte the MFSW....and I don't think it's that big a deal? I haven't missed it anyway!

Best of Luck anyway! 6foot 8" - you could nearly sit ion the back seats and drive the car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mini Lou said:
6foot 8" - you could nearly sit ion the back seats and drive the car!
Yeah I know, the seat is touching the front of the rear when I have taken them for test drives.

On a side note are xenons worth it, I ask this because of the amount of light while driving at night. Are the standard lights good, or if there are the xenons something I should look at for better night time visibility?

·
Registered
284 Posts
The standard lights are completely fine, imo (or they wouldn't be legal) but then I'm not a fan of xenons. Some people love them and, therefore, consider them a necessity....but, truly they're not. More of a preference, I'd say.

I think I mentioned this to you on NAM, but in my opinion (and experience) sport seats are something worth considering. Again....maybe not a necessity either...but if you plan to throw the car around a bit, it does help to have that extra side bolster.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm one of those who feel xenons are a necessity!!! :)

I love them, wouldn't have gone without them, I think they make the front of the car look great at night, they give a brighter light, and actually I've noticed they do light up roadsigns better too. But as gokartride says the standard lights are fine, nothing wrong with them, so that's really a preference thing!

·
kgouin
481 Posts
I have the regular headlights but I also have the driving lamps. I LOVE the driving lamps. They are great if you drive a lot of dark roads. I also agree with the sports seats. I test drove one without the sport seats and it was quite a difference from the sport seats. The sport seats are much more comfortable and they have the little side things that just feel like they keep you in place!

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Unless its different over here in the UK the OBC is standard across the range i think.Well i've got it on my August build 05 MINI ONE and i didn't spec it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.