1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Apologies Minione, I missed this. With regard to location. I think maybe a longer ban would be reasonable. Many folk, especially Newbies, post an issue, receive some replies and then go quiet with no response for 2 or 3 weeks, if not forever. Some posts/questions are not location related/specific, so it isn't that important.

I'm sure when I joined MiniTorque and the Volvo forum I use the location and country fields were compulsary fields, you had to fill them in. Could this not be changed on the registration/joining form? That would fix it once and for all. It would be a minor software tweek.

I rang the lot in Canada who host this forum when we had those issues a while back. Several times. Singularily useless it must be said. When you ring the Help Desk line and get no-one but a recorded message saying that they can't take the call ...... because they are too busy........you know the service is shyte and it is poorly run.

PS I do know about these things. I spent 10 years putting together f**k off large IT outsourcing deals and then switched camps, poacher turned gamekeeper, and became a consultant to punters who needed help and advice doing it. And most needed it badly TBH. Not straightforward transactions.

·
Sour Mash
1,330 Posts
I have some sympathy for people who do that to be fair

I mean if you had no interest in something but had a question you might ask on 2 or 3 forums then get your answer no reason to stick around

Rude yes it is but so is the way some of the newbies on here get treated haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I'm in the Houston metropolis and just bought a 2014 Paceman ALL4 for my husband. "Bob"is Starlight Blue Metallic and is a beautiful car. BMW thru & thru

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Touching on my last thread regarding Location etc http://www.mini2.com/forum/welcome-new-members/327274-all-new-members-please-read.html

PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE FULLY BEFORE POSTING!! & PLEASE SPECIFY YEAR/MAKE/MODEL

Failure to do so will make it hard if not impossible to offer advice :serious:

ALSO FAILURE TO FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE BEFORE POSTING WILL END IN A 1 WEEK BAN.

:serious::serious: CHEERS...

@SeanC @NigelK

this is fair enough don't ya fink chaps?
would be good if when people ask for help they spell out car and age and engine type etc as your right its a guessing game and they are all different

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I’m Ben I’m new to the mini scene I have just bought a r53 with a few bits done to it it’s started going flat with putting it to go anyone had this problem before

·
Registered
2 Posts
R56 - Mini newbie here.

2 weeks used owner of a base Coop 2010. 81kms
Noticing a few issues already (thank you warranty). I've heard a lot of love and hate relationship with this beauty, but took the plunge and purchased it anyways.
Had the vacuum pump seal changed, serpentine belt and brake sensor changed. Vibration on the steering wheel at 80km/h caused by a warped rotor were also taken care of. Phew, and this is only 2 weeks in. Most recent 'issue' is a rattling noise during cold morning startups.

Wonderful forum! Looking forward to this!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wheels

Wow nice paint job did you put those wheels on?
I got it from the dealer already painted.
Although, the left rear is peeling off already. I'm planning on painting it again when winter's over. It's a plisti dip paint job.
Apparently it came with the Sports package when the original owner purchased it in 2011.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I joined last week and have tried to post in the new members section twice but my messages haven't appeared. My profile is complete as much as possible (although I can't believe you don't actually have the roadster listed in the type of Mini drop down list!:eeksurprise:), but I can't remember if I did my profile before or after my first post, in which case I may have received a weeks ban before I've even started?!:crying:::frown::

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hi all,

many thanks for accepting my request to join your forum, hope this is the right place to post this?,

i'm Pete and currently drive a 2004 prefacelift mini cooper s in dark grey::eeksurprise: i currently

live in west sussex and since owning the car have replaced radiator rear wheel bearings clutch fly wheel and had the timing chain done,

other than that the car is standard no mods what so ever yet, hopefully this is the best place to ask some nagging questions on minis,

with all your knowledge on these small money grabbing cars,

many thanks regards Pete

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there my name is Charlie just bought my first mini one 1.4 love it had it for 3 weeks understand what the trend is and its my first car to mega

1 - 20 of 28 Posts