MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, my name is Nick. Thanks for letting me join your forum.
I live in North Yorkshire.
My daughter is away at uni and has a 2002 Red Mini Cooper 1.6 (R50)
I have the pleasure of maintaining it and am here for some technical help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi lads & lasses. Just joined and filled in profile as much as realistic. My 2p worth: it was difficult to find where to fill this in. There was no direction to it from registering, and nothing in the FAQ. I don’t expect to find it under ‘account’ which to me I was expecting email & contacts, etc. When you get there, it is extremely detailed, a lot won’t know the answers to what you’re asking for. Implying it is all compulsory is unrealistic, you’d be better with more basic compulsory requirements and the rest optional.
Anyway this looks like a great forum, lots of good knowledge here, looking forward to speaking to you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Touching on my last thread regarding Location etc All new members please read!!

PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE FULLY BEFORE POSTING!! & PLEASE SPECIFY YEAR/MAKE/MODEL

Failure to do so will make it hard if not impossible to offer advice :serious:

ALSO FAILURE TO FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE BEFORE POSTING WILL END IN A 1 WEEK BAN.

:serious::serious: CHEERS...

@SeanC @NigelK

this is fair enough don't ya fink chaps?
Think your going to have to ban me then I'm not giving you information to my vin on my car ur mad I have a 3rd gen mini cooper s 2019 plate it's a cooper s classic 11 2.0 twin power turbo top speed 146 mph from the uk that is all you need to know you do not need to know anything else due to data protection we don't have to give it you

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Think your going to have to ban me then I'm not giving you information to my vin on my car ur mad I have a 3rd gen mini cooper s 2019 plate it's a cooper s classic 11 2.0 twin power turbo top speed 146 mph from the uk that is all you need to know you do not need to know anything else due to data protection we don't have to give it you
minione is trying to point out that when someone asks for help on a issue with a mini there are so many types of mini and engines and systems etc that are different through all the different cars,, and i have wasted many hours trying to help someone who has posted in a gen 2 faults and fixes and they have a gen 1 car and they are so different that its juts a waste of anyone time when trying to help someone ,,, hence what is asked to fill in your profile with this info nothing was asked about your reg number or chassis number or house number,, just the little bit of info based on what you drive and what you might be having a issue with as that seems to be what most come here for,,, if you just wanted to be here to to help others with issues you would know what i'm saying ie wasting time writing something that dont fit to the car etc,
in fact really what people should or could do when asking for help is to add at beginning the age of car the spec ie cooper or cooper s etc makes things easier for us folk that come here just to help people free of charge ,, not much to ask really with respect

Reactions: Steve07

·
Registered
3 Posts

PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE FULLY BEFORE POSTING!! & PLEASE SPECIFY YEAR/MAKE/MODEL

@SeanC @NigelK

If it was more intuitive on your forum where to fill out the profile I would do it but I can't find it anywhere, I guess I am technologically challenged

·
Registered
3 Posts
In any event I live in Calgary Alberta I have a 2009 Mini Cooper S with about 90,000km on it. Getting really tired of doing the summer to winter change and vice versa and really hate the lug bolts used by mini. Would like to change to studs and lug nuts but all the options I find on offer are too long to use the dust covers on the wheels

·
Registered
2017 F54 Mini Cooper Clubman 1.5L
4 Posts
Hi, my name's Jack, and I live on the northern outskirts of London, England. I became a Mini owner earlier this week, when I bought a late 2017 Cooper Clubman 1.5L (see profile photo).

·
Registered
2001 BMW Mini Cooper R50
3 Posts
Hi I'm Paul. Joined this forum as I own a 2001 Mini Cooper R50.

I've been a vehicle technician for more that 20 years - Currently doing Diagnostics/Programming, Repairs, Servicing & Retrofitting,

Youtube - Paul's Tech channel

This is my Mini
:cool:

·
Registered
2008 Mini Cooper D
5 Posts
Hi All, sorry I’m a bit of a Dinosaur with settings and couldn’t find the profile settings when I joined :(

Just bought a 2008 Cooper D for the wife, who is delighted, but I’m just waiting for the damn thing to start bleeding our savings...

Hope some of you can advise when the novelty wears off :LOL:

However, it does look good parked in the driveway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bonjour,
Deuxième mini à notre actif.
Un COOPER CAB de 2006 que l'on nous a volé chez nous et ensuite brulée il y a plus d'un an ...
Rachat d'un COOPER S R53 de 2003 il y a quelques semaines avec 146000kms.
Je suis un peu bricoleur, je fais mes révision et modification moi-même.
Je suis sur la région Toulousaine.
Merci de m'accepter sur ce forum.
Pas très à l'aise avec la langue de Shakespeare
Cordialement
fifi18

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All
Thanks for the acceptance into your forum
I’m Viv I own a 54 plate cooper S R53 in Blue
I’m a moderator on a bike forum so please be kind to me like I am to my newbies
It feels a bit different being the newbie :D

My pride and joy has been neglected due to having to shield from covid.
she was MOT’d and is rusting underneath.
so I’m here to find out what I can do to make her feel more glamorous underneath again.

Have had her 5 years and every time I get in and drive and I have bloody big smile in my face

She is low mileage and Blue and is named :D
Can you tell I’m a girl

Anyway Hi

·
Registered
1 Posts

@SeanC @NigelK

Friendly Club :)

·
Registered
2017 Cooper S, 2012 Cooper S
4 Posts
Hi all,
New to the forum. Here to discuss helpful tips on servicing and maintaining my new(ish) Minis. Just picked up a 2012 for my son this weekend and my 2014 will be here next week. I'm a decent mechanic but have never owned a Mini. I know all cars have their own little quirks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2008 R52 convertible that i have enjoyed for a while. I just noticed an overheating event and believe a Valet attendant has curbed it and damaged the bottom of the radiator. Before i noticed the damage the car has already overheated and stopped on me. I believe now i have a head gasket that is blown and need step by step details either written or video in order to assist with this if the insurance company does not assist with this. Please help

·
Registered
R 56 Cooper S
2 Posts

@SeanC @NigelK

What do you mean by your profile? I have a picture but can’t change anything else

·
Registered
571 Posts
Location is the main thing imo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Evening everybody. I live on the western fringes of London in England. I have a 2008 R56 6 speed, Cooper in Chill Red with a white roof. Interior is cloth and red leather. I've had it since April 2019. It replaced a a near identical car, 2006 R56, which was rear ended and shunted in to another car, while I was stationary and on my way to work.🙄
Looking forward to learning as much as possible about these cars. I tend to do most jobs myself, but had someone else change the clutch for me when I first bought it.

·
Registered
2015 Countryman SD All4
13 Posts
Hello all. I recently volunteered to relocate from the US to the UK for work, so when it came to finding a vehicle to meet our needs in the land of expensive fuel and smaller roads, the Countryman deal we found came out on top. We've owned a 2008 Cooper S Hardtop (a lot of fun to drive but eventually sold it) and the wife loves her 2018 Cooper Hardtop (when in the US). I've always liked cars and motorcycles (currently a Triumph) that make the drive more engaging and don't blend in so much that you can't tell what the vehicle is. I also care about getting the most bang for the buck, so usually buy a car after someone else has taken the depreciation hit. The downside of that, of course, is inheriting unknown issues/history...which is why these forums are so valuable. Looking forward to learning more about our "new" '15 Countryman from you all and contributing anywhere I can.

Cheers,
Dallas

21 - 40 of 43 Posts