MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, my name is Nick. Thanks for letting me join your forum.
I live in North Yorkshire.
My daughter is away at uni and has a 2002 Red Mini Cooper 1.6 (R50)
I have the pleasure of maintaining it and am here for some technical help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi lads & lasses. Just joined and filled in profile as much as realistic. My 2p worth: it was difficult to find where to fill this in. There was no direction to it from registering, and nothing in the FAQ. I don’t expect to find it under ‘account’ which to me I was expecting email & contacts, etc. When you get there, it is extremely detailed, a lot won’t know the answers to what you’re asking for. Implying it is all compulsory is unrealistic, you’d be better with more basic compulsory requirements and the rest optional.
Anyway this looks like a great forum, lots of good knowledge here, looking forward to speaking to you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Touching on my last thread regarding Location etc All new members please read!!

PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE FULLY BEFORE POSTING!! & PLEASE SPECIFY YEAR/MAKE/MODEL

Failure to do so will make it hard if not impossible to offer advice :serious:

ALSO FAILURE TO FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE BEFORE POSTING WILL END IN A 1 WEEK BAN.

:serious::serious: CHEERS...

@SeanC @NigelK

this is fair enough don't ya fink chaps?
Think your going to have to ban me then I'm not giving you information to my vin on my car ur mad I have a 3rd gen mini cooper s 2019 plate it's a cooper s classic 11 2.0 twin power turbo top speed 146 mph from the uk that is all you need to know you do not need to know anything else due to data protection we don't have to give it you

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Think your going to have to ban me then I'm not giving you information to my vin on my car ur mad I have a 3rd gen mini cooper s 2019 plate it's a cooper s classic 11 2.0 twin power turbo top speed 146 mph from the uk that is all you need to know you do not need to know anything else due to data protection we don't have to give it you
minione is trying to point out that when someone asks for help on a issue with a mini there are so many types of mini and engines and systems etc that are different through all the different cars,, and i have wasted many hours trying to help someone who has posted in a gen 2 faults and fixes and they have a gen 1 car and they are so different that its juts a waste of anyone time when trying to help someone ,,, hence what is asked to fill in your profile with this info nothing was asked about your reg number or chassis number or house number,, just the little bit of info based on what you drive and what you might be having a issue with as that seems to be what most come here for,,, if you just wanted to be here to to help others with issues you would know what i'm saying ie wasting time writing something that dont fit to the car etc,
in fact really what people should or could do when asking for help is to add at beginning the age of car the spec ie cooper or cooper s etc makes things easier for us folk that come here just to help people free of charge ,, not much to ask really with respect

21 - 25 of 25 Posts