MINI Cooper Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cooper D Hatch
5 Posts
Great post and really welcoming and useful for newbies. Out of interest are people in here on any other Mini forums. I notice there have been 8 posts on here in the past 3 hours, most from newbies looking for replies, ironically. This doesn't feel like the other car forums I've used in the past, civinfo, civic type r owners forum, briskoda, TT owners forum.

PS. I expected the car and personal details to be under profile, not account. It's only when I read this that I hunted them down.

·
Registered
2015 Countryman SD All4
22 Posts
Great post and really welcoming and useful for newbies. Out of interest are people in here on any other Mini forums. I notice there have been 8 posts on here in the past 3 hours, most from newbies looking for replies, ironically. This doesn't feel like the other car forums I've used in the past, civinfo, civic type r owners forum, briskoda, TT owners forum.

PS. I expected the car and personal details to be under profile, not account. It's only when I read this that I hunted them down.
Welcome, Egg...not on any other Mini forums but searched and stayed with this one as its format is like my Triumph forum and easy to navigate (and fairly active and helpful).

·
Registered
2005 R52 mini cooper convertible 1.6
1 Posts
hi , i hope im posting this in the correct section. im new to MINI2 , my name is ray and im from lutterworth in england UK. my car is a 2005 mini convertible. whilst trying to read the posts that people have posted i am unable to continue reading the ends of all posts. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? thanks ray

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
New here. Sorry, I am not sure if this is the correct area to submit this. Just looking to see if I can find any info regarding repairs on the car. I have too many problems known and unknown to list so I will just try to find the related topic(s) if possible and not bother anyone. More than likely I will have to retire the car due to the multiple issues I am encountering since I need reliable transportation due to my work and distance traveled to same. Sorry, but I am not an "online type" of person. I do not have time to sit at a computer at work nor do I have access to the internet at home. This will probably be my longest and/or only post, I am just looking for pertinent info.
The mirror adjustment knob just broke off or came unglued yesterday; pretty cheap design overall; I never had that happen in any car I have owned (oldest vehicle 1949)! I did a quick, but specific search before joining and most posts were from "fun and games", but not germane to my problem so I am not very optimistic; thus I joined thinking I might get better access to more pertinent info. Hope it helps!

Take care, be safe.

·
Registered
2003 Cooper. That is black over black with a bit more black.
21 Posts
Hi all. My name is Pete and I'm in the South Staffs area of England. Joined a little while ago and asked a few questions as I know nothing!!! I have a 2003 first gen (obvs) Cooper. Not S. She is black on black with some more black. And chrome pack. Is that standard? Anyway, she had a stage 1 remap. Tinted back windows. And is going to be even blacker. I apologise in advance for any stupid questions I post. As I said, I don't know a fat lot about cars. Keep mini-ing and stay safe folks.
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
Mini cooper 2002 r50
5 Posts
Touching on my last thread regarding Location etc All new members please read!!

PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE FULLY BEFORE POSTING!! & PLEASE SPECIFY YEAR/MAKE/MODEL

Failure to do so will make it hard if not impossible to offer advice :serious:

ALSO FAILURE TO FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE BEFORE POSTING WILL END IN A 1 WEEK BAN.

:serious::serious: CHEERS...

@SeanC @NigelK

this is fair enough don't ya fink chaps?
Hi I'm new on here and not sure how to edit my profile could you help please

·
Registered
07 R56 S six speed standard
3 Posts

PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE FULLY BEFORE POSTING!! & PLEASE SPECIFY YEAR/MAKE/MODEL

@SeanC @NigelK

[sorry I stumbled through that it's early yet lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts

@SeanC @NigelK

It has only let me do an avatar how do I do my profile I've already gone in the profile section and it only gave the option of an avatar. Cheers

·
Registered
2003 Cooper. That is black over black with a bit more black.
21 Posts
I might be able to help if you are on mobile or the desktop is the same principle as mobile. But can try. Right. Go on to your profile, then where it says profile posts, recent activity etc, scroll across until you come to About. Hit that, Scroll down and it should be there. Bobs ya uncle. Well thats how I did it. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
Bog standard R56 cooper (2008) running on bloody expensive petrol
232 Posts
Hi Mini (orientated) people.
Just registered minutes ago, & my eyes popped on stalks at the amount of sensible identifiers in place to presumably troubleshoot for incoming owners.. precisely why I'm here.

NB basic info applied, more to retrospectively fill in, congrats to the detail monkey involved in that registration form its a doozy!

Hopefully my sig should show a 2007 R56 Mini cooper of UK build & based point of origin. (as well as other bits) Which after scouting around for a pre-existing solution I shall probably post about, relied on you-tube for a investigation & bulb change (interior light roof centre light) ..heavy hands means something (the bulb holder has pinged into the recesses of the metalwork never to be seen again. ..so we'll start there. :oops:

Basically saw this Mini cooper just before lockdown (no1) with low mileage for the year, it now has approaching a genuine 32000 miles, picked to transition my daughter (learning automatic) to manual once she has experience & a license (we drive electric too, thus) so we decided with the problems getting instructors, licenses processed, test dates, in 2021 after the hiatus to streamline the process as much as possible & bolt on the manual to her licence in 2022.

Being an older Mini fan, this car my wife & I agreed was an inevitable purchase (public purchase at a BCA auction we dropped in on to check the EV stock (which was few & far between back then)

I wanted to swap out old power hungry halogen for miserly LED (canbus) which is where I just became a cropper.
Thus I joined today seeking information, knowledge & the competence of others (i'm not y'see)

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
This is not a reply to anything above in this thread, but I cannot find any way to post an introductory posting about myself and my recently purchased Mini. Too, the heading for this thread talks about filling out one's profile, but I can see no link anywhere to my profile that might might allow me to "flesh it'' out. I wonder what is up with all of that?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts