MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys please help me here because I really cant decide.

I'm currently looking at engine mods and will choose one of the following, please suggest were I should start;

Exhaust (Alta Cat-back Exhaust System in black)?

GTT Re-route?

Lohen Stage 1 tuning kit?

The reason why I'm in a quandry is because I want to modify my car bit by bit until I'm happy. The exhaust I want is £560 which isnt bad but the tuning kit is £495 which is better bang for my buck but the re-route is £79+vat.

At the moment I'm thinking re-route and tuning kit but tomorrow I'll probably want to get the exhaust then save for the re-route:eek: What are peoples thoughts:confused:

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Why not just get the pulley changed first say an Alta one ?
Do your mods in stages then youll feel the diffrence in power , then go more if you want .;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
If I were you, I would get the tuning kit and the reroute pipe - aftermarket exhausts can be really noisy in daily use, but the reroute is perfect and performs probably just as well as more expensive systems. Add to that a pulley/plugs/belt and you'll be happy for some time yet.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'm swaying to your suggestion supercoopers. When I do get the re-route I will also replace the exhaust tips, probably to the JCW ones because I dont like the way the GTT ones are fitted. I believe the JCW ones are removed and fitted using an allen key whereas the GTTs use brackets:confused:

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Best bang for the buck is the pulley. I would also go the tuning route and then add the other bits later...

·
a.k.a. BrainRush
160 Posts
First thing I added was a pulley, since the belt was fairly new, I descided to keep the stock diameter belt until it was time for a belt change (or a busted oil pan x_0 ) after cooking my brakes I decided to uprate those before I continued with the engine, installing an intake and some suspension components, so as soon as I stop wasting money (like buying an new oil pan x_0 ) I think I'm going to go for a new exhaust and then an I/C. I definately recommend the pulley if you want bang for teh buck tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts