MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a big fan of these wheels and was wondering if anyone out there could identify them. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Wheels

Hi there, i am 99.9% sure these are the Image 3 piece split rim wheels. Their website address is www.minispeed.co.uk. Available in 3 sizes, 6x17, 7x17 and 8x17. They range from £287 to £314 each ! Hope this helps, Damian. :) P.S. Iamge wheels are used in some motorsport in the UK and the ones i have seen look fantastic !

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey...thanks a million my friend for the quick answer. I will look into it. Hope they are quality wheels.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah definitely Image split rims, they are also available in 18's, i believe thats whats fitted to the Minispeed demo car.

I think they really look good, i recently enquired about wheel and tyre packages from Minispeed on those rims, cant remember exactly but just over £1500 for 17s with Falken rubber, just over £1800 for 17s with Bridgestones, and £2320 for 18s with Dunlops.

Pricey but nice, might invest in a set once the winter weather is over :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...I am not the best with UK to US conversions, but sounds a bit pricey. With that said...if I am going to invest in some nice aftermarket wheels this spring...I am going to go for some top notch wheels. I just ordered some gear for performance finally: Amd One-Click, Mini-Mania 15% pulley, NGK Iridium Plugs, Nology Wires, Mini-Mania/K&N CAI, Milltek Header & Exhaust, H&R springs, & Tarox 6 Caliper Big Brake Kit. Whew...I've had my car a year and put 29,000 miles on it in one year. I figured I have blown through a good deal of my warranty with no problems...so it was time to have some fun in the process. Ha. I have to say that I got all of this gear for relatively little expense! I am quite happy with what I shelled out. I think the fact that this is winter here and off season saved me some money. The wheels & tires will be my biggest expense. I am looking at these Image wheels or Breyton Magic Sports with Michelin rubber. Sorry for so much info...but I am excited. Ha.

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
I see this car fairly regularly (since I'm a frequent customer of Minispeed - who are only a couple of miles from where I work). They have sold Image spilt rims for a long time for the old Mini - even they are pricey, but they always seems to have quite a few sets in the shop.

However whenever I see the car the wheels are always dirty - they must be a nightmare to keep clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.