MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
flashingMINI's
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my MINI ONE since June 2003, iits done 33k miles and i think its Gr8 , but one thing is really seriously getting on my nervs with it, im loosing power at low RPP say under 2500rmp this happens. I'm at a standstill i want to take off i rev it up to 2-2500rmp try to go and i get engin labour i have to double clutch and put my foot to the floor to get going , this is dangerious i think ex pulling out on traffic etc. been into bmw and they gave me new gearbox (so they tell me) but i still have problem i thort it had gone but it hasent. this is really spoiling the car and my smile.

so has anyone got any ideas to what could be wrong or what is causeing it ?
any bmw tech's out there,

I know this problem is not just me my g/f has a jan 2003 mini one and it has no problem at all its done 7k tho. can anyone advise me on a cure , please help me guys dont want to get rid of my mini after spending so much hard earned cash on it. iv looked arround on mini2 seen nothing like this , arround .

MINI ADMIN - pls keep this in general for a while so everyone can see. Thank you

Regards

Charlie P.s Sorry about the long post.

·
Keep on Coopering
76 Posts
Trust you have done the usual checks;

- second consumer opinion by someone else driving your MINI,
- second expert opinion by another dealer.

Working together with the dealer helped in my case of the left pull. Be open and explain that you are looking around for solutions. Ask them to do the same. If you turn to another dealer it is very likely that they will contact your dealer so it's handy if they are aware. Push to get MINI (BMW) UK involved. Keep the pressure on! One of the reason for buying a new car is warranty. Your car still is under warranty and let them sort this out.

Sorry this is not providing the solution .........

(Just a small side note: make sure you keep record of your communications [call notes etc.]. Does not have to be formal but an e-mail to your dealer with your findings can be helpful once the discussion get messy. It provides trace and evidence of what you have done and your dealer has not. Hope you never need it, but better safe than sorry)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
sounds like dirt in the injectors or something ecu electrical, stress danger to dealer and if you aint modded anything critical push for warranty repair or replacement - best to get the regional engineer / BMW involved if you are not satisfied with the dealers response

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
1,048 Posts
Assuming you dont have an aftermarket jobbie, the air filter does not get changed until the inspection 2 service (40K approx). Mine was well and truly clogged at about 17K. As a simple step, whip the top off the filter box and stand back in amazement at just how dirty the filter is.

If I remember rightly, the standard paper filter will cost you about a tenner. There's a "how to" in the faq section.

Hope it helps.

·
Keep on Coopering
76 Posts
It's worth to try ... if it doesn't solve it, it's another check in the box and excludes a possibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts