MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Mini Cooper (R50)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’m a little late introducing myself having been a member since 2013 but better late than never! I’ve used the information on the forums a lot over the years so thank you all for your contributions.

Sadly I no longer own a Mini but I’d love to be reunited with my 2005 Mini Cooper R50 (SN05 YKH) if it ever comes up for sale. I’ve been trying to find it and thought perhaps the current owner is a member on here or maybe someone here will recognise the car. I traded it in at a garage in Kilmarnock, Scotland in 2016 so I’m guessing it may live somewhere in Ayrshire. From doing some digging online I found out it’s currently taxed and MOTd so it is definitely still on the road and the last V5 was issued in 2016 so it would appear it’s only had one owner since I had it.

A bit of additional info about the car – I bought it back in 2012 and while I had it I fitted the JCW Aero Kit and R112 Challenge wheels (I sold the R112 wheels separately when I traded the car). I also fitted the space saver spare wheel kit for that extra peace of mind on road trips. I must say no other car has made as big an impression on me as the Mini did, it was just so full of character, looked fantastic and was so fun to drive!

I’m wondering whether this post may be better in the general discussion section rather than the new member section so apologies if I post in the wrong place.

If anyone is able to help reunite me with my Mini it would be massively appreciated!

Many Thanks,
Angus

IMG_1502.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg IMG_1100.jpeg IMG_1499.jpeg IMG_0775.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,018 Posts
Wow I aint never seen on like that before. In red and it's real clean. I was not really into mini cooper back when austin powers the movie was out. though I remember seeing the previews for the movie.
Your example clearly shows why Mini Cooper went on to bigger and better things. The color and the package shows that it can be a tangible In the world market.
The main one I remember back then is the forest green one.

·
Registered
2005 Mini Cooper (R50)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow I aint never seen on like that before. In red and it's real clean. I was not really into mini cooper back when austin powers the movie was out. though I remember seeing the previews for the movie.
Your example clearly shows why Mini Cooper went on to bigger and better things. The color and the package shows that it can be a tangible In the world market.
The main one I remember back then is the forest green one.
Thanks! 😁 It's one of the things I love about the Mini, they're almost all unique even from factory and just so many combinations of colours and trim and extras to choose from. I agree about the Austin Powers Mini, I don't think it did the car justice. It was the remake of The Italian Job that really did it for me, as soon as I saw those Minis I knew I had to own one someday!

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,018 Posts
Thanks! 😁 It's one of the things I love about the Mini, they're almost all unique even from factory and just so many combinations of colours and trim and extras to choose from. I agree about the Austin Powers Mini, I don't think it did the car justice. It was the remake of The Italian Job that really did it for me, as soon as I saw those Minis I knew I had to own one someday!
Not even the Italian Job had something like that red one. When it looks good and is in that shade of red. It really solidifies the Car. It timeless. And I have a 2nd generation. The Dark Green although really makes a good lineage statement. It's a good car that can adhere to it's value.

·
Registered
2005 Mini Cooper (R50)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not even the Italian Job had something like that red one. When it looks good and is in that shade of red. It really solidifies the Car. It timeless. And I have a 2nd generation. The Dark Green although really makes a good lineage statement. It's a good car that can adhere to it's value.
It really is timeless, I still can't believe it's 20 years since the 'new' shape Mini was released! Is Dark Green the same as British Racing Green or are there different shades? Either way sounds good and certainly strong lineage there, just need to find a dark green original mini to get side by side photos with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts