MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday, February 19th, 2005

For those of us not attending the Hudson Bay or Bust madness I am organizing the Plymouth Bay or Bust MINI Meet. We'll meet in Hingham on Route 3A just south of Boston, cruise Route 3A and some of the coastal roads to South Plymouth. We'll end at the British Beer Company on Route 3A in Cedarville, MA where we will dine on English fare of Pastys, Bubble and Squeek and Bangers and Mash. We'll slake our thirsts in toasty comfort with ice cold beer or properly drawn and temperate British ales and stouts.
We will toast the madness of them what are heading into the northern lights. Cell phones will be in order to ring up our hearty and frozen mates.

Tentative schedule:
-Meet 10:30 a.m. at Nantasket Beach. See the attached pdf .
-Cruise southward to Cedarville in South Plymouth. 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with a couple of stops along the route.
-Lunch and libations at BBC, Route 3A, Cedarville, MA www.britishbeercompany.com from 1:00 to 2:30 or 3:00 p.m.
-Disband and make your merry way home in a warm and toasty MINI.

The private room at the BBC will seat 35. If we have more we can overflow into the other part of the restaurant. Please show your interest here.

FYI: NOT NEEDED:
-Battery warmers
-Long underwear
-Tow ropes
-Tire Chains
-Soviet Army Siberia Overcoats

Attachments

·
Yo! Ol' Man!
1,966 Posts
Count me in - Can't wait to try a hand pulled ale! Do I need to Pre-register? Don't invite Baker - That way maybe he'll show and we can snub him...
...or maybe not. :silver:

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GBMINI said:
Funny :)
I guess Gavin & I are required attendees!?
But of course! Unless you are in Antigua or someplace like that as you Brits often are.

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snid said:
Woo-Hoo!

But, that's snowboarding season...
No prob. I don't snow board!
Edwierdo, you are always welcome. Bring Mart and a duck or two too.

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Cape Cod MINI said:
Saturday, February 19th, 2005

For those of us not attending the Hudson Bay or Bust madness I am...

FYI: NOT NEEDED:
-Battery warmers
-Long underwear
-Tow ropes
-Tire Chains
-Soviet Army Siberia Overcoats

And for those of you who can't make it to this, we will extend a hearty invitation to Hudson Bay or Bust!

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
Don't know if I can plan this far ahead, but barring exotic, warm diving vactions I'll try to be there..! :)

One day I'll get to the Cape...

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GadgetGav said:
Don't know if I can plan this far ahead, but barring exotic, warm diving vactions I'll try to be there..! :)

One day I'll get to the Cape...
Well, don't use this as your Cape visit because Cedarville is still about 8 miles from the canal. We could make a dash down and over the bridge just to say you did it.
Plan ahead. It's good to have something to look forward to. You can plan for MOT right? Oh yeah, send me some money so I can send you a Pre-Registered T-shirt.

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
Cape Cod MINI said:
Oh yeah, send me some money so I can send you a Pre-Registered T-shirt.
Oh yeah..? I've heard about email scams like this... you'll be telling me that I only need to send you $800 to claim the $millions that's waiting for me in Nigeria next..! :D ;)

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
Cape Cod MINI said:
Well, don't use this as your Cape visit because Cedarville is still about 8 miles from the canal. We could make a dash down and over the bridge just to say you did it.
Doh..! You mean the BBC is not on the Cape..?
Actually we know people who moved down there, so this could be a good excuse to go and see them. I have been over the bridge once too - last winter when Jane was ice diving in Hathaway's pond, I was shore support. That involved standing on a frozen lake feeding out line to tethered divers and boiling water to revive them when they came back up all during a just-above-freezing drizzling rain all day... so I don't really count that as a trip to the Cape..!

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't count that as a trip to the Cape either!!
Yes, there are BBC's on the Cape. One in Sandwich and one in Hyannis.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Food:

Fire:

Beer:

And the 19th is a black out date on my ski pass so I won't be skiing either!
Pre-register me at 115%.

I'll also offer my services, if you can not partake in one of the three ingredients above, I will gladly take your share off your hands for you.

Hmm might need to bring someone to drive me home safely... ;)

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
Ah, that is what was confusing me... Last time you mentioned that company it was in relation to something on the Cape wasn't it..?

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
What are we all supposed to be doing on the 19th that means the mountains don't want us..? :confused:

1 - 20 of 299 Posts