MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
flashingMINI's
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just drove through my normal route on way to my g/f there was so many police with radar guns. on 1 ocasion i knew i was speeding when this thing was poining at me , but i was slowing down. i was not pulled over. will i get a fine etc? never had 1 of these pointed at me b 4

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nah! I think they've been out with the lazer speed guns looking for people really kicking the tail end out of the speed limit. You didn't get stopped so nothing to worry about. Normal practice is for you to be pulled over by a copper mate a mile or so up the road. I'm sure there are some Boys in Blue Mini2 members who know far better than I as to how they really operate. However, I believe that if you don't recieve a notice of intent to prosecute within 14 days then you're clear regardless. For the record, a great web site is Speed Trap Bible

Get yourself an Origin B2. It will warn you of lazer danger at a good range and save you the worries! :cool: It's saved me from countless GATSOs and sneaky SPECS and one scary lazer moment from a bridge speed trap team near Cambridge.

Cheers,

Fraz

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
If he didn't stop you then you were not travelling fast enough for what, in his opinion, was an unreasonable speed. If he wanted you he would've tagged ya lol....

I, for one, get stopped constantly when they are training new guys. They think it's funny since the guys don't know our cars yet and watch thier faces when they realise they've pulled over someone from the dept. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts