MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turbocharged Adventure
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my fave 17inch Accessory Wheels, but I've read a few stories about corrosion:(

Is the polished finish a problem? I think it looks great, much shinier than the silver ones.

Any help much appreciated, and a pic of them would be fantastic too if poss:D (not seen them in person yet)

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi mate,

corrision is or can be a problem on polished wheels, just had 4 wheels replaced on my 1yr old golf for said reasons. White worming as it is refered to is when chips in the laquer allow moisture underneith resulting in white lines under the laquer.

However if you look after them, they should hold up aright. i now use "rim wax" made by smart wax although there are many alloy wheel waxes available, to try and keep protection on them, especially when the salt on the road starts.

saying this, i personally dont think i would buy a car with them on again, too much hassle keeping polishing them through the winter. Although mine are diamond cut finish opposed to polished, making it almost impossile to refurbish to the same finish as the original it the need ever arises.

As you say, they do look good

·
Turbocharged Adventure
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice Paul:)

I am very careful with my current wheels as they are custom painted S-spokes, I use Poorboy's Wheel Sealant on them.

·
Chilli
2,499 Posts
I have the R90's which are well known for corrosion but I haven't had any problems what so ever with them. Wash them once a week and apply wax to them when needed and they will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts