MINI Cooper Forum banner

Will you take first available S or wait?

• Me First

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Good things come to those who wait

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Depends on the spec of the car that comes in. I want Dark grey with, almost, everything. If that is what arrives first, that's what I'll take

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm ordering yellow with lots of extras. I will wait until I get the car I want. After all, isn't this part of the selling point? A car to fit your lifestyle?

·
Registered
785 Posts
My "S" will come in with the first ones. We will be speccing cars in February, for delivery in April, same time the pre-specced cars will come.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
loder said:
Will you take the first S that is offered or wait and spec it?
I'm near the front of the list so I plan on taking a pre-spec Cooper S unless it is just plain awful. (I have no idea what 'just plain awful' would be, but it would take somelike that to prevent me from getting my hands on a S as soon as possible.)

Even if the pre-spec cars are heavily optioned up, the prices are still very reasonable. However, I would prefer a S with few options - cruise control and climate control are the only two I'd really like.

Wait, I just remembered, 'just plain awful' would include sat nav system.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what color I want. If I happen to fall in love w/ one of the pre-specced cars I guess I would take it, but I don't need my car until July, so I got time to wait for specced car. Question is, do we get to spec the car we want before any of the pre-spec cars get here, and can we cancel the spec car for a pre-spec we want?
Or once you spec your car you give up first right of refusal.
All I know is, I want to see a good selection of the cars before I spec my own so I can pick the colors and options fairly.:p

·
Registered
186 Posts
Im after a DS Car with 17s Cruise Control,HK System,Sunroof and maybe Xenons

If the prespec is like this then fine thats just the way i want it....

BUT.....

If the cars prespecced are Sat Nav etc etc 16s then i dont mind waiting...im number 3, ordered in July 2001, so it wont kill me to wait another 30 days or so..

·
Registered
573 Posts
I want a DS S, with 17's, OBC and thats about it, though I may be tempted with other options nearer the time, I seriously doubt that any of the pre-specced cars will be anywhere near this, so I am gonna bide my time and wait a little longer, many test drives while I am waiting should tide me over. Like the rest of you, I am used to waiting now and a month or so extra won't kill me. :D :D

Andy

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
You should hold out for the car you want with the spec you want, but it all boils down to how badly you want the car & how long you can wait :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'm not gonna take a car in the wrong colour with the wrong spec for some obscure marketing reason that suits BMW but not (most of) their customers:mad:

Anyway, current info is that this isn't on the cards for Oz... Perhaps this means we are not getting prespecced launch cars as in some other markets. If so, we may be later getting our cars... But, who knows, this could mean Cowley have got their eye in by then:rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
what is high on the list? i'm # 16 for ans S, i believe, here in NY City - dealer says i should be "motoring" by late summer...:D

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I have my 'wish list'of how I would like to option the car. I also am flexible enough in that being able to have a 90% car would possibly do just fine. What is available to choose from will decide me on that day. Color? I saw the cars last year in Detroit and have an idea of which I would like, but until I see them at the dealer...That yellow may look great next to the dark gray or BRG or red...decisions

Mike
#3 S in St Loius, 15 overall

·
Registered
65 Posts
loder said:
Will you take the first S that is offered or wait and spec it?
Not a chance that I'm taking pre-specced one! Personally I don't think that its worth having your name down on a list for a year and then letting someone else choose what you want!

However if one of the pre-specced cars comes in BRG, white roof, 17" S-spoke wheels, tracker, CD, climate control, etc. etc. I may just consider it *only* if it had exactly the right options for me.

I'm in no rush though really as my current car is only due to go back in Jan '03, anything before that is a bonus!

·
Buy a Fabia vRS instead!
657 Posts
I am the same as you Llama. My car goes back a bit later - March 2003 to be exact.

I have found one really good company (sorry - I can't tell you who) that has got two S's on order with no names on them and no specified options, as yet - just a couple of places in the queue if you like. Over the next month I'll come to a decision about the car I want, then I'll post the address for the site (if anyone is interested in this forum!!!). I've not actually handed over any money to anyone yet though, the people seem very nice indeed and believe me - I am one fussy mutha!!!

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
I could be lucky with a pre-spec car, if that's the fact, cause myspec will be almost the same as the cars shown on shows. In fact, my spec is the same as the DS car in Essen. BUT, I don't want the satnav and sunroof on my car, so if it comes with that.........NO.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would like a fairly stripped Cooper S with cloth interior, the multi-function wheel and Xenon lights in either BRG/white, Indi Blue/white, or Dark Silver/white. If any of the pre-spec'd cars are close to this, I'll take it. If not.......I'll order one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
S2000&CooperS said:
I would like a fairly stripped Cooper S with cloth interior, the multi-function wheel and Xenon lights in either BRG/white, Indi Blue/white, or Dark Silver/white. If any of the pre-spec'd cars are close to this, I'll take it. If not.......I'll order one.
I have to say that I set my heart on BRG/white, however I have only actually ever seen one Indi blue/white Cooper and I have to say it looked spectacular. Still sticking to my first choice though as I have equally only ever seen one BRG/white cooper with bonnet stripes and it did look the part!

Not interested in any silver myself, does look pretty neat, silver Coopers seem to be ten a penny though at the moment and I think that DS S's will be the same too as people go for the 'S only' colours to show off!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts