MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Oct 2007 Cooper D went back to the dealer today after I noticed a few oil spots on the drive following it's first service a week ago. I assumed it was nothing more than a loose sump nut or similar, but after an age at the dealer, they finally came to give me the bad news...

As well as an oil leak (they are replacing the sump pan?), they also discovered that the high pressure diesel pump was squirting fuel liberally around the engine compartment! Suffice to say, they would not let me drive the car away.

Oh well... here's hoping for the best.

·
Registered
190 Posts
And all was well before you took it in for service???

sounds like a **** up on the dealers behalf to me, but they'll never admit to it!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree. My VW Touran Diesel was fine until its first service when it suddenly dumped oil all over the road, lost pressure and had to stop. It transpired that someone had damaged the oil sump when overtightening the oil filter assembly. When I collected the car, the smarmy so and so in service reception told me they had fixed "my oil leak". I was furious, demanded to see the manager and managed to get a free major service for all the inconvenience their incompetence had caused.

Thankfully my Dooper has just survived its first service unscathed, as far as I can tell!

Hope yours recovers soon. No point in asking for a free service on the TLC package, though!:smile:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hmmm I had to have the sump replaced when mine was about 5 months old. They found a leak during the first service... maybe it's a Cooper D issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts